Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2019, 01:21 PM   #1

Pentax k1000 rewind knob

Hello all,

I am a novice film photographer and yesterday i just picked up my first k1000.

In youtube videos, when you turn wind lever, rewind knob turns as well.

However mine does not turn.

So I opened the back and it does wind the film to the right properly so I am assuming shots are taken normally.

Is there any quick fix for rewind knob issue?
Or it is not a big concern?

12-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It’s not a big deal.

If the film is tensioned in the canister, the knob will spin, but sometimes, particularly at the beginning of a roll, it won’t.

If you gently wind the knob until you feel resistance, it will work. If you aren’t gentle enough, and you’re at the beginning of the roll, you might pull the film off the spool...

-Eric
12-23-2019, 06:51 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
It’s not a big deal.

If the film is tensioned in the canister, the knob will spin, but sometimes, particularly at the beginning of a roll, it won’t.

If you gently wind the knob until you feel resistance, it will work. If you aren’t gentle enough, and you’re at the beginning of the roll, you might pull the film off the spool...

-Eric

Thank you so much for the easy fix!

All it needed was gentle bit of wind!