Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #1

K500 - little bronze piece fell out of the camera while performing the aperture fix

Hi everybody and first of all, happy holidays.

Today I did the Pentax aperture fix
, Everything went ok and camara works now just like new. Great.
BUT, while taking off the top housing, a little piece fell out and I have no idea where it goes. ( Picture of the little piece below. ) The piece is about 2x2mm in size.

The camera is all back together now, and everything seems to work, but still. I would like to put it back in the camera, if I would know where it goes.

Cheers,
Lauri.

12-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
If you don't end up with leftover screws/other pieces when doing a repair, you didn't do the repair correctly...
12-23-2019, 12:47 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
If you don't end up with leftover screws/other pieces when doing a repair, you didn't do the repair correctly...
Right.
12-23-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not having a K30/50, let alone having taken one apart, I can’t help you with your problem, but welcome to Pentax Forums, anyway.

12-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #5
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. And stick around because if anything does go wrong you will need the knowledge base here.
12-23-2019, 02:09 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
looks like a bushing or something along those lines. Not sure exactly what is or where it goes as I haven't opened mine and don't plan on doing so.
12-23-2019, 02:31 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
MossyRocks is right. That is the bushing out of the kanooder valve. As long as you don't activate the flux capacitor, you should be ok.

Just kidding...

But if I had to guess, probably goes between two pieces of plastic somewhere so when you tighten it down it doesn't crack.

Maybe someone has a parts schematic?
12-24-2019, 03:21 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. I'm afraid I can't help you with this. If there are no plans available, the best way to go about it is to open it up again and identify the places where this could go depending on the likely function (spacer, bushing for a rod/actuator). Good luck with this.

12-24-2019, 04:36 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Welcome to the forum. I'm afraid I can't help you with this. If there are no plans available, the best way to go about it is to open it up again and identify the places where this could go depending on the likely function (spacer, bushing for a rod/actuator). Good luck with this.
Tried that but no luck. Could not find any place where it could fit.
Stored it between clear tape. Otherwise I would lose it immediately.

QuoteOriginally posted by 7.62lew Quote

But if I had to guess, probably goes between two pieces of plastic somewhere so when you tighten it down it doesn't crack.

Parts schematic would be great yes, but it would still be very hard to find it on there I would imagine.

12-24-2019, 11:14 AM   #10

You can buy the parts list/diagram from USCamera - delivered electronically.

Looks like a bushing from one of the dials or buttons.

If it is part of an assembly it won't show on the parts list.
12-27-2019, 04:13 AM - 1 Like   #11
dlh
F.O.G. (fat old geezer)
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 7.62lew Quote
MossyRocks is right. That is the bushing out of the kanooder valve. As long as you don't activate the flux capacitor, you should be ok.

Just kidding...

Question remains, however, whether that's the right-handed or left-handed kanooder bushing.

I have a box in my basement containing hundreds, if not thousands, of "pocket screws" that I've accumulated over sixty years of fooling with cars, appliances and equipment. Those are the screws (or kanooder bushings) that were left over after having reassembled the unit. You say, "Oh, well." and stick 'em in your pocket.