Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-01-2020, 11:55 PM   #1

Need parts to fix K3ii hot shoes

I am looking for parts to fix my broken pentax k3ii.
I fell and broke my k3ii’s hot shoe few months ago. Someone from this forum recommended me to remove the broken metal pin that dropped inside the camera. I took it to the precision camera in town, hoping they could just open the camera and remove the pin for me, but they said they would have to send it back to pentax.
Last month I found a small camera/lens repair shop, owned by an old retired camera repair man, He is great and agreed to fix my broken 300 mm pentax lens and k3ii camera. He fixed my lens within one week. He knows how to fix the broken k3ii’s hot shoe but he doesn’t have parts. He contacted pentax US for parts, but he waited for 3 weeks and Pentax office haven’t responded his email or the phone call. He also tried to find parts on eBay but couldn’t find the parts for pentax k3ii.
Any suggestion? Thank you.

01-02-2020, 06:34 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a Pentax K2000. The camera turns on, but the screen doesn't work and the battery door doesn't shut tight. I think the hot shoe would fit on your K3ii.
I'd sell it cheap. Let me know if you're interested.
01-02-2020, 06:40 AM   #3

Try USCamera.com. They should be able to sell you the parts. Ricoh does not sell parts to end users but may to a repair business.
01-02-2020, 07:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
At local craigslist has many film cameras like vivitar, old pentax cameras for sale that are very cheap have the same hot shoe pin.

01-02-2020, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #5

Part number:
0-A321 - Hot shoe base assy.
A322 - Hot shoe
A323 - Hot shoe spring
A330 - Hot shoe ground plate
27830-A348 - Hot shoe retainer screw (×3)
CNickel screw M1.7 × 2.5
You also need some Super-X 8008 (white) which is for weather sealing applied to the assembly and the ground plate.

Hot shoes from pre-P-TTL cameras will not have the correct contacts.
01-02-2020, 06:38 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blumoon722 Quote
I have a Pentax K2000. The camera turns on, but the screen doesn't work and the battery door doesn't shut tight. I think the hot shoe would fit on your K3ii.
I'd sell it cheap. Let me know if you're interested.
Thank you so much for the offer.
I have two old Pentax cameras, kx and ks2, I brought them to the shop and showed them to the repairman. He looked at them said no.

---------- Post added 01-02-20 at 07:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Part number:
0-A321 - Hot shoe base assy.
A322 - Hot shoe
A323 - Hot shoe spring
A330 - Hot shoe ground plate
27830-A348 - Hot shoe retainer screw (×3)
CNickel screw M1.7 × 2.5
You also need some Super-X 8008 (white) which is for weather sealing applied to the assembly and the ground plate.

Hot shoes from pre-P-TTL cameras will not have the correct contacts.
Thank you so much for the information.
I don't know how to fix the camera, but I think he wanted to replace the entire top part of camera. The shop owner is an older person. I don't think he knew pentax US is no longer sell parts.
I heard about UScamera.com from this site, and told him to get parts from them. When I mentioned UScamera.com, he was kinda reluctant to buy parts from places that he's not familiar with. I will try to convince him.

---------- Post added 01-02-20 at 07:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Penview52 Quote
At local craigslist has many film cameras like vivitar, old pentax cameras for sale that are very cheap have the same hot shoe pin.
Thank you so much for the information, I didn't know craigslist sell old cameras too. I will check out craigslist for parts!
I think my camera repairman wants to replace the entire top part of my broken K3ii, (maybe it's easier that way?) not just the hot shoe.
01-03-2020, 08:16 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Pufferchung Quote
I don't know how to fix the camera, but I think he wanted to replace the entire top part of camera. The shop owner is an older person. I don't think he knew pentax US is no longer sell parts.
If he is an established repair business Ricoh might sell direct to him.