Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-10-2020, 09:40 AM - 2 Likes   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SGOMMO7 Quote
OK, I don't know why it uses the shutter twice for one press of the shutter release button to take one photo, but only for the first shot if the drive mode allows for consecutive shots.

I'm guessing if you put it into Interval Shooting mode or Interval Movie Record mode it would be fine except for the initial capture?

---------- Post added 01-09-20 at 01:40 PM ----------

Two long shot ideas I would try is to go into Button Customization change the setting of the Preview Dial. The Preview Dial has two settings optical preview or digital preview, whichever one it is set to, switch to the other one and see if that changes the behavior.

The other thing I would try would be to go into the custom menu to page 5 to enable and disable controls and change it to type 2,(type two disables more inputs then type one) then push the lock button which will be on the top of the camera and while the camera is "locked" see if the camera is still exhibiting those double clicks.

The idea is to see if any of these elements by changing or disabling them are the culprit which is causing the double click to occur. As a button with a messed up contact, (like not properly disengaging) could be the issue.
Thank you for your help!
I've tried both option - they did not make any difference.
After speaking to both Pentax support and the store where I purchased it from, it was confirmed as a camera malfunction. Yesterday I had it shipped back to the store and now purchasing another one from fellow member of this forum.

And many thanks to everybody who shared their advice regarding this issue and hepled me with it. I never expected to see such a great and helpful community anywhere out there nowadays. I appreciate everyone!