Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2020, 07:08 AM   #1

Godox X Pro P and AF 360 FGZ

hello, I would like to know if the Godox Xpro P TTL is compatible with the Pentax AF-360 FGZ flash and if so that it is the procedure to follow to synchronize the K1 between these
2 elements

01-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hello, I'm pretty sure it's only compatible with Godox and Flashpoint Flash

---------- Post added 01-19-20 at 12:00 PM ----------

There seems to be a controller allowing you to trigger the flash but you might be missing the features of the x-pro p ( like controlling the power output of the flash )

GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD Speedlite Trigger

---------- Post added 01-19-20 at 12:04 PM ----------

This thread might interest you as well

Question about trigering a remote flash. - PentaxForums.com
01-19-2020, 01:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moved from "Beginner Help" to a more specific forum.
01-19-2020, 02:36 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bber Quote
hello, I would like to know if the Godox Xpro P TTL is compatible with the Pentax AF-360 FGZ flash and if so that it is the procedure to follow to synchronize the K1 between these
2 elements
QuoteOriginally posted by Password1234 Quote
Hello, I'm pretty sure it's only compatible with Godox and Flashpoint Flash
You are correct. The good part is that compatible Godox and Flashpoint flash represent excellent value, so going that route for radio remote P-TTL may be less expensive than competing solutions. That said, TTL flash models in the GN 40-65 range are glaringly absent at present for Pentax.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 01-19-2020 at 03:48 PM.
01-19-2020, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Bber Quote
2 elements
Unfortunately, Godox sucks at integrating legacy OEM flashes into their lighting system. The Cactus V6II triggers are better for that.

Your Pentax speedlight is not directly compatible without additional gear, and with a Godox X1R receiver attached to its foot, all you can do is fire the AF-360 FGZ in sync off-camera. There is no P-TTL capable X1R receiver (it only comes in Canon, Nikon, and Sony flavors).

At this time, there are only two P-TTL capable speedlights in Godox's lineup: the V1-P round-head speedlight ($260) and the TT350-P mini speedlight ($85). Godox has never released a V350-P, TT685-P, or V860II-P. So you only have the top and bottom-tier options.

However. The Xpro-P is compatible with the single-pin manual Godox speedlights: the TT600 ($60) and the V850II ($140). While these flashes cannot do TTL, and can only be fired when used on-camera; as off-camera radio slaves to an XPro-P, you would have remote group and power control, and HSS. No remote zoom/wakeup control, no firmware upgrade capability, no remote TTL control. But. A $60 pricetag can go a long way to making that more acceptable in an off-camera speedlight. Given than an X1R receiver is already $40, throwing in an extra twenty to get a speedlight with a built-in radio trigger you won't forget to pack or forget additional batteries for may be worth contemplating.

If you really are jonesing for TTL in an off-camera speedlight for use with the XPro-P's TCM function, your cheapest option, aside from the TT350-P mini speedlight ($85), is to get a Godox TT685-C ($110, the Canon version) and upgrade its firmware so it can grok P-TTL signals as an off-camera radio slave. This can also be done with all the flavors of V860II ($180). But none of these will be TTL/HSS on a Pentax hotshoe, since the pin arrangement on the feet of the flashes won't match.

Godox tends to make most of its speedlights in two versions: "TT" AA-powered and "V" li-on battery pack powered. The li-on pack has roughly 3x the capactiy of a set of AAs, and can drastically simplify battery handling for high-volume shooting (say, all day events like weddings). So, the TT600/V850II, the TT350/V350, and TT685/V860II pairs of models are functionally identical, with the only difference being the power source, and (with the full-sized speedlights) the presence/absence of an external battery pack port.
01-19-2020, 06:46 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by inkista Quote
If you really are jonesing for TTL in an off-camera speedlight for use with the XPro-P's TCM function, your cheapest option, aside from the TT350-P mini speedlight ($85), is to get a Godox TT685-C ($110, the Canon version) and upgrade its firmware so it can grok P-TTL signals as an off-camera radio slave. This can also be done with all the flavors of V860II ($180). But none of these will be TTL/HSS on a Pentax hotshoe, since the pin arrangement on the feet of the flashes won't match.
Ohhhhhh...I was wondering about something like that.

Do you think there is any chance of a native Pentax version of the TT685/V860II any time soon?

Steve
01-19-2020, 07:34 PM   #7
Pentaxian

You could use some simple Cactus V5 transceivers if you would like to trigger your AF360FGZ from your camera (no power or TTL control). One on the camera and one on the AF360FGZ. I have the XPro- P and use it for my Godox AD600BM. I also have a Godox AD200 that I have not used yet, but it is made for use with the XPro-P also. The XPro-P has full control of the Godox lights without the lights needing any type of receiver (receiver is already in light). I have used my Cactus V5 transceivers with my Pentax and Yongnuo flashes, and they also fire my Godox AD600BM that I mentioned (without power control). When I use my flashes, both my camera and lights are usually in Manual mode.

Last edited by C_Jones; 01-19-2020 at 07:46 PM.
01-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #8

Original Poster
merci à tous c'est ...lumineux
English translation (added by moderator according to forum rules):

thank you all it's ... bright

Last edited by BigMackCam; 01-20-2020 at 01:50 PM. Reason: English translation added, per forum rules
01-20-2020, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Do you think there is any chance of a native Pentax version of the TT685/V860II any time soon?
Frankly? No. I've lost all hope.

When Olympus/Panasonic and Fuji versions of Godox gear were introduced, it was something like 3-4 months total between the time the first transmitter (X1T) was introduced until we had all the TTL speedlights in the system and firmware updates for all the TTL strobes (AD200, AD360II, AD600, etc.). The XPro-P was introduced in August of 2018 and we still haven't seen a TT685-P. And, with the exception of the TT350-P and XPro-P, Godox has then only introduced Pentax-specific versions of each piece of gear only for newly released models (X2T and V1). It looks like they're not going to re-release the older models, but only newer models in Pentax versions. And they never released firmware updates for the AD360II to make them fully Pentax-compatible.

It looks a lot like any "legacy" gear isn't going to be updated, but that they'll just release Pentax versions of any new models that come out in future. It may not mean anything other than a typo, but the battery pack for the V1, on Adorama is titled (emphasis mine): "Flashpoint VB-26 Li-ion Battery for the Zoom Li-ion X and Zoom Li-ion III Speedlight Flashes"

The V860II is, in Flashpoint branding, the Zoom Li-on TTL. Which uses a different li-on battery pack.

Could mean the TT685 and V860II are likely to be refreshed soonish, as these models first came out about five years ago. But, otoh, could just be a typo.
01-21-2020, 04:16 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Unfortunately, Godox sucks at integrating legacy OEM flashes into their lighting system. The Cactus V6II triggers are better for that.

Your Pentax speedlight is not directly compatible without additional gear, and with a Godox X1R receiver attached to its foot, all you can do is fire the AF-360 FGZ in sync off-camera. There is no P-TTL capable X1R receiver (it only comes in Canon, Nikon, and Sony flavors).
Would 2 X2T's not work? One on camera and the other as a receiver with the flash mounted to its shoe?
That should allow TTL, HSS etc no?
01-21-2020, 10:50 PM - 1 Like   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
Would 2 X2T's not work? One on camera and the other as a receiver with the flash mounted to its shoe?
My understanding is the top shoe on the Pentax version is a pass-through standard hot shoe.* I don't believe the Pentax version X2T can be configured as a R2 receiver except as a remote through its 3.5mm sync port.

Name:  R2T.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  31.1 KB

Steve

* Only has sync when the X2T is not using Pentax dedication. Promotional images are not accurate.

Last edited by stevebrot; 01-21-2020 at 11:30 PM.
01-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
Nope. Just to confirm what stevebrot said, the X2T is a dedicated transmitter unit, not a transceiver (like the Cactus V6IIs). The hotshoe up top is just if you want to use a non-Godox speedlight on-camera as well as do off-camera flash. (Godox speedlights have built-in transceivers, so they can simultaneously be the on-camera speedlight and radio master).

Also, there's been speculation that the hotshoe on top of the Godox X1T/X2T is not a true passthrough TTL hotshoe (since stacking other TTL transmitters on top of it doesn't work); but it's more a slave in Group A.

The only receiver unit in the Godox 2.4 GHz system is the X1R, and it only comes in Canon, Nikon, and Sony flavors, and it doesn't do TTL cross-brand (like a Cactus V6ii can).
01-23-2020, 08:53 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nope. Just to confirm what stevebrot said, the X2T is a dedicated transmitter unit, not a transceiver (like the Cactus V6IIs). The hotshoe up top is just if you want to use a non-Godox speedlight on-camera as well as do off-camera flash. (Godox speedlights have built-in transceivers, so they can simultaneously be the on-camera speedlight and radio master).

Also, there's been speculation that the hotshoe on top of the Godox X1T/X2T is not a true passthrough TTL hotshoe (since stacking other TTL transmitters on top of it doesn't work); but it's more a slave in Group A.

The only receiver unit in the Godox 2.4 GHz system is the X1R, and it only comes in Canon, Nikon, and Sony flavors, and it doesn't do TTL cross-brand (like a Cactus V6ii can).
I was kinda hoping it would auto negotiate but I did try getting my TT350p to trigger the X2T with my Shanny Flash mounted to it. As you know, didn't work.