Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2020, 06:52 PM   #1

Super Zoom 105: shutter issues? Auto winding?

Hey all,

Got an old Super Zoom 105, replaced the batteries, loaded a roll of film, and fired her up. At first the counter was stuck on "1 ex" (that is, I hit the shutter button and heard it fire multiple times, but the display still said "1 ex") and I didn't hear it advance after each shot. Then I opened the back, to make sure the film was installed correctly, and closed it; after this, I could still hear it fire (but not advance) when I hit the shutter button, but instead of "1 ex" I got an "E 37", which I'm told has something to do with the shutter function. Then I took the film out and tried turning it on and hitting the shutter button with the back of the camera open to see if the shutter was stuck; I saw movement and heard it fire, but I don't know what it's supposed to look like. Suggestions on where to go from here?

01-25-2020, 10:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Zoom point and shoot cameras have a ribbon flex that goes between the shutter and the main circuit board. When the lens zooms the flex circuit folds back on itself. After years of use microfractures get generated and the circuitry can't talk back and forth. There is no repair other than replacing parts that are no longer are available.