Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2020, 03:14 PM   #1

Ricoh GR ii focus bug in C-AF?

Hello dear GR ii users,

can you please report if this is a normal behaviour of the camera?

I set the AF Function Switching Lever is to C-AF and choose to shoot with AF Priority (every shot gets focused) during TAv Mode. Then if I am shooting all photos in continuous mode are shot with iso 100 regardless of the exposure. In general all my pics are then underexposed. I do not understand this. It doesn't occur if I am shooting with AF Priority in another mode (like Av, etc) or if I use TAv in conjunction with Shutter Priority (only the first shot is focused, then the focus is fixed).

Also: I found it strange that if I am in M mode and I go to the shooting menu, I can choose between Auto Iso, Auto Hi Iso or manual Iso. To my knowledge only manual Iso works in M mode. Anyway I still get the other options to choose from. Is this a normal behaviour??

I bought the camera on ebay with some warranty, etc. Firmware is 3.0.

Thank you guys!

Adrian

6 Days Ago   #2

Ricoh GR ii ofics bug object tracking

Adrian, I'm just curious if you found am solution for this?
I've owned a Grii for about 5 years and have only just found the same issue (because I've not used object tracking in TAV mode until now).
It's almost as if the metering isn't working or the ISO is locked at ISO 100.

All other modes and combinations are unaffected, but TAV with object tracking produces incorrect exposures.
5 Days Ago   #3

Original Poster
I am sorry but I do not own this (Great) Camera any More so I cannot Help. I didn‘t find a remedy to this issue.