Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2020, 11:31 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax k-7 issue with image disappearing after only one second on the back screen.!!

Greetings,

I have a Pentax k-7 with approximately 8500 shutter clicks. Overall the camera is a gem and I really enjoy the awesome images, performance and reliability it provides.

However, I take a photograph and for about one second, the image appears on the back screen and it is gone. There is no problem hitting the playback button as the image

reappears immediately and remains on for about 12 seconds. I have gone through the Menu, line item by line item and cannot locate the feature that will allow the image to

remain visible for longer than one second after taking the photograph. I have gone through the Menu numerous times to no avail. I have been certain to use a fully charged

Pentax battery, cleaned all the contacts every time, including the battery terminal contacts and no dice. It is not an issue that will cause the Earth to shift its axis anytime soon,

but it can be annoying to have to stop and then review it once more.

Any helpful hints and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am not using any third party lenses.

Much Grass, Tonytee. )

02-12-2020, 11:55 PM   #2

On the K3 there is an option called Instant Review, located on the camera 4 menu, the first row, on the top. I know every new generation camwra has a slightly changed menu, but it's worth a try.
02-13-2020, 12:32 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robiles Quote
On the K3 there is an option called Instant Review, located on the camera 4 menu, the first row, on the top. I know every new generation camwra has a slightly changed menu, but it's worth a try.

Well, thank you very much. I did find Instant Review and it was set for one second. The longest it will allow for setting is 5 seconds. I actually timed it and it last for 8 seconds.

However, better than nothing. Many thanks for your assistance.

TT
6 Days Ago   #4
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Much Grass, Tonytee. )
Gave me a laugh, Tony. Thanks, I needed that this morning.

6 Days Ago   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As you have noted, pressing the Playback Button can display the shot just captured. If you want it to display for longer, increase the Auto Power Off setting in Spanner Menu 3.

Philip
6 Days Ago   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Gave me a laugh, Tony. Thanks, I needed that this morning.

Hello young lady, glad I was able to make you smile. I was thinking of growing my own food, however I cannot find any bacon seeds. )

TT

---------- Post added 02-13-20 at 05:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MrB1 Quote
As you have noted, pressing the Playback Button can display the shot just captured. If you want it to display for longer, increase the Auto Power Off setting in Spanner Menu 3.

Philip

Okay, got it and thank you very much.

TT
5 Days Ago   #7
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Hello young lady, glad I was able to make you smile. I was thinking of growing my own food, however I cannot find any bacon seeds. )
This would be great in the "Why I won't buy a K3, thread. Another funny that made me grin.
5 Days Ago   #8
Pentaxian

Well, if you can have a Ham Bush, why can't you have a Bacon Tree ? (For anyone from Essex, UK !)