Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Days Ago   #1

HELIOS-44K-4 for Bayonet K : Do I need an adopter to use it on K-30?

Hi!
I am Mahtab from Bangladesh, just joined this forum. I use a K-30.

I was looking for some less pricey vintage lenses for bokeh. Can someone tell me, whether I need an adopter for the k-30?

Will appreciate, if you could also suggest some vintages those does not require adopter on K-30.

Many Thanks,

Mahtab

6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

If its in K mount then you don't need anything other than lens itself and camera.
6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

You can mount any K-mount lens to your camera. The only thing to be careful when mounting lenses is to avoid mounting KR lens (old Ricoh mount), since it will mount but get stuck because of the "ricoh pin". If you see "KR" on the lens and an aperture ring with a "P" position, it's a KR lens, don't mount it. Exception: Rokinon/Samyang lens may be labelled as "KR", but it's not a KR mount, there is no danger to mount them.

If you mount a lens with an aperture ring which do not feature a "A" position, you will need to go to your camera settings, find the option "Use aperture ring" and turns it on (it needs to be done only once). Otherwise, your camera will refuse to take any shot.

Last edited by Bertrand3000; 6 Days Ago at 04:36 AM.
6 Days Ago   #4
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
a Helios 44K-4 will not need an adapter - I know this because I recently sold my copy and it fit perfectly on my K-50 and K-3...

6 Days Ago   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reed Quote
If its in K mount then you don't need anything other than lens itself and camera.
Thank You Reed!

---------- Post added 02-14-20 at 04:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
a Helios 44K-4 will not need an adapter - I know this because I recently sold my copy and it fit perfectly on my K-50 and K-3...
Happy to hear it pepperberry farm. Thank You!
6 Days Ago   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bertrand3000 Quote
You can mount any K-mount lens to your camera. The only thing to be careful when mounting lenses is to avoid mounting KR lens (old Ricoh mount), since it will mount but get stuck because of the "ricoh pin". If you see "KR" on the lens and an aperture ring with a "P" position, it's a KR lens, don't mount it. Exception: Rokinon/Samyang lens may be labelled as "KR", but it's not a KR mount, there is no danger to mount them.

If you mount a lens with an aperture ring which do not feature a "A" position, you will need to go to your camera settings, find the option "Use aperture ring" and turns it on (it needs to be done only once). Otherwise, your camera will refuse to take any shot.
This is very useful Bertrand3000. Many Thanks!!!
1 Day Ago   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The k stands for k-mount!
With M = M42