Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2008, 02:02 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Sigma 530 St Super

Purchased the Sigma 530 awhile back and to be honest havent used it that much at all since.
Will be takinf a few pics at the Sons wedding soon and just wanted some rea-assurance with the operations of this flash unit..
TTL, thats more or less auto with this flash isnt it and the difuser in front of the head unit is to soften the output...
Cheers

11-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Inactive Account

The flash works fine in auto mode but the second screen is not a difuser it is for wide angle coverage, found out the hard way, if you want to soften the light you may want to buy or make a difuser to place on the flash. Note: this is a very strong flash so test under same type of conditions you are expecting to shoot. Hope this helps.
11-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I have the Super also, and love it. You are right that it is a very strong flash. I have a Sto-Fen diffuser on it. I think it is the "C" model. It works very well.
11-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #4
Site Supporter

There are a couple of good DIY diffusers/bounce units that are very effective and cheap to make.

1) DIY Reflector-Diffuser
2) ABetterBounceCard.com

I've finally settled on # 1 and have made two sizes for my 500 Super (One slightly smaller than the one on the website).

The thing to remember is that you will loose a lot of light by bouncing it and will need to up the ISO with larger groups.

Here is a good site for using your flash with natural light and wedding photograpy http://planetneil.com/tangents/flash-photography-techniques/.

Tim