Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-15-2020, 10:59 AM   #1

K10D Books?

Just purchased (on the way) a Pentax K10D and a WR kit lens. Have downloaded the User Manual.

I am a fairly experienced DSLR shooter, but wondering if buying some other book (field guide, etc). would be helpful and worthy of the cost to learn any particular nuances about this camera.

Not looking to spend $$ unnecessarily so if my camera knowledge and the Manual are sufficient, that is all good.

02-15-2020, 11:13 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We do have the K20D eBook available here, in which most things also apply to the K10D:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/donations/?ebooks=1&loginrequired=1

The eBooks have generally received very positive feedback, so they're something I'd consider.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-15-2020, 11:47 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Magic Lantern Guides: Pentax K10D: Peter K. Burian: 9781600591853: amazon.com: Books?tag=pentaxforums-20&

Out of print, but available used.
02-15-2020, 12:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I bought the K10D book by Yvon Bourque in 2007. Think the book is still available, maybe even through the Pentax Forum and to me, it has been an excellent book on how to use the K10D features. I still have my K10D and the Bourque book and am still using both.

02-15-2020, 12:07 PM   #5
Pentaxian

The magic lantern book for the k10D is very good
02-15-2020, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I have the ebook. I've contacted Adam to see if he's able to supply it under his agreement with Yvon's family. If he is, I can send my copy to him. Please bear with us...
02-15-2020, 01:30 PM   #7

Original Poster
Will stand by. Thanks.

02-15-2020, 01:56 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If there is a K10D ebook, should it be in the list? I think so

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/donations/?ebooks=1&loginrequired=1
02-15-2020, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I also have the Magic Lantern Guide and can highly recommend it.
02-15-2020, 02:41 PM   #10
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
If there is a K10D ebook, should it be in the list? I think so
It was one of Yvon's earlier works (actually, it may have been his first) and - by his own admission - not as "polished" as his later guides. Plus, it has a copyright watermark that can't be disabled, and it's password protected. Yvon lost the original Word document, so was unable to maintain the content and remove the watermarking and password protection to match the consistent presentation of his later ebooks. For all these reasons, Yvon didn't promote it in recent years, and it hasn't (to my knowledge) been offered via PentaxForums. But, he was kind enough to supply me with a copy. Whilst I agree that his later ebooks are more "polished", I still feel the K10D guide is excellent - and just as valuable as his K-3 / K-3II guide that I also own.

As indicated in my previous post, I've contacted Adam to see if it's possible for him to offer this ebook for sale under his agreement with Yvon's family (it may or may not be). If so, I can supply him with the file... But this may take a little while to arrange, so please have patience

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-15-2020 at 02:59 PM.