Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2020, 03:46 PM   #1

Deleting Single Images on the Pentax K-S1

Hi Guys & Gals
Im new to this Forum and Im sorry for not saying hello before now but Ive been busy doing other things , I cant say that Im a fully Blown Camera Geek or Wizard, but Ive been trying to see what is the easiest way to delete just a single image on the Pentax K-S1 , I would be most grateful if anyone could point me in the Right Direction to do this Editing Please, I know how to delete all of the Images but don't seem to be able to find out how to delete a Single Image , Hope you guys and Gals can point me in the Right Direction, Thank You.

Steve

03-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All you need to do is go in playback mode, select the photo you want to delete, press the delete (blue trash can) button, and confirm.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Hello

In K-S2 you need to press 'delete' button on the left when viewing the image. Guess in K-S1 it works in the same way.
03-04-2020, 05:09 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentageek Quote
Hello

In K-S2 you need to press 'delete' button on the left when viewing the image. Guess in K-S1 it works in the same way.
Yup, in the K-S1 it works the same way. The button with the "trash can" next to it (it will say LV on it for Live View). Then confirm and delete. You can delete multiples as well, like with any Pentax but that's another process.

03-05-2020, 06:46 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hello
Thanks for the replies guys , only thing that is wrong I don't seem to have a ( Blue Trash Can ) & I don't seem to be able to locate the delete button for the single image , do you have any idea if this can be switched off . I know where the delete is for just deleting all the images but as for single images ?
I think I will try and Contact Pentax Direct, Thanks for your help Guys.

Regards

Steve
03-05-2020, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Here's a snap of the back of my K-S1, although it might look slightly different than yours because I've got an eyepiece magnifier fitted. To delete a single photo, just display that photo on the LCD and then press the button to the left of the viewfinder. It should have a blue bin icon next to it as you can see in my photo. Don't worry that the button itself is marked LV - it's a dual purpose button. You'll be asked to confirm if you want to go ahead and delete, so just press OK on the thumbpad to go ahead.

03-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #7
Pentaxian

In my blue body, the trash can isn't quite as visible as in Dave's black one. That is why I mentioned that the button is named LV and the trash can is next to it.
03-05-2020, 09:42 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Manual page 62: 4 Playback - Deleting selected images

03-06-2020, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #9

Original Poster
Hello Guys & Gals
This Explains it in a simple word as Christian says , In my blue body, the trash can isn't quite as visible as in Dave's black one. That is why I mentioned that the button is named LV and the trash can is next to it. This is where I was having the trouble I could not see it easy , Thanks and you are 100% correct Christian .

Regards

Steve
03-07-2020, 04:05 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Glad to see it sorted out. The K-S1 is a great little camera, I hope you'll enjoy it and I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures