Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
03-10-2020, 10:59 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brento_numchuck Quote
I searched up the lens and the Pentax forums lists it as such

---------- Post added 03-10-20 at 10:47 AM ----------

Overall, it has been a headache trying to find these lenses listed accurately at all, even when searching for the exact lens. I'm not super familiar with older lenses and the fact that they all just kind of came in a plastic basket with no paperwork or ID aside from what is on the lens hasnt helped identify what I need to be able to use them
And I just realised I didn't click on the lens with AF, the listing gives me a different mount entirely (Pentax KAF2/KAF)

Attached Images

03-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I searched up the lens and the Pentax forums lists it as such

---------- Post added 03-10-20 at 10:47 AM ----------

Overall, it has been a headache trying to find these lenses listed accurately at all, even when searching for the exact lens. I'm not super familiar with older lenses and the fact that they all just kind of came in a plastic basket with no paperwork or ID aside from what is on the lens hasnt helped identify what I need to be able to use them
Ah... Sigma made that lens (and many others) in all possible mounts. You just have the "wrong one".
All variants of the K-mount (K, KA, KAF, KAF2) will mount on a K-mount camera. Other manufacturers also named the mount "PK".
03-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And I just realised I didn't click on the lens with AF, the listing gives me a different mount entirely (Pentax KAF2/KAF)
Just a small "heads up"...If the brand is not Pentax, chances are the maker offered the model for Nikon, Canon, Sony, Olympus, Konica, and multiple other mounts.

Steve
03-10-2020, 06:29 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like there is a Pentax K-mount Sigma Super-Wide II f2.8 24mm for sale here:
Sigma Super Wide II 24 2.8 macro AF. Free shipping. - PentaxForums.com

03-10-2020, 08:06 PM   #20

I think the 1st thing you need to understand is different camera (canon, pentax, sony...) have different mount so the lens use on each different camera will also have different mount. Just looking @ the front of the lens and the description (w/o saying what the mount is) will not tell you what camera this lens will fit (just like your case). You can see this sigma 24mm lens in pentax's forum and I'm sure you can find it in canon or nikon forum as well, they look similar but with DIFFERENT mount.
03-10-2020, 10:35 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Match the mount on your lens with the image in the Pentax Forums Review of that model lens with a Pentax mount. Unfortunately, as others have said, you have that particular Sigma lens in another mount. The image shows a Pentax mount:

03-11-2020, 08:24 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Yes, the OP's lens is definitely the Minolta A mount version - later used on Sony DSLRs.

However, the elephant in the room is this adapter was never going to work as hoped anyway.

Using an adapter like that to fit one lens type (Nikon, Pentax, or Minolta) to another lens mount (Pentax, Nikon, or Minolta) will add too much extension between lens and body, and the result is drastically close focus only (especially on a 24mm), and nothing else.

Just because these companies will happily ship you such an adapter doesn't mean it will work like you expect. Technically, that adapter will put a Pentax K lens onto a Nikon body, but unless your goal is macro photography you will be disappointed. The only adapters that allow distance focus have glass elements in them, and results are often disappointing.