Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2020, 07:32 PM   #1

Bought a lens adaptor and it won't fit

Hello, Im new here. I recently got an adaptor, a Pixco brand PK-Nikon f mount. The lenses I have all say they use a k mount or Ka, which the internet tells me is also referred to as a PK mount. It also says there is no dofference between the K mount and the one with auto focus (KA/KAF) when it comes to the dimensions of the mount, however the adapter will not fit. I clips into my camera just fine (F mount, Nikon D3200) but wont fit any of the lenses at all, did I get screwed by someone sending me an incorrect adaptor or did I get the wrong part? Everything online shows up as a PK mount and only recently did I FINALLY come across a KAF-F mount adapter on Amazon, the mount looks the same and like I said, Wiki says there is NO dofference in the mounts aside from on being AF and the other being manual.

03-09-2020, 08:05 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it is a PK mount adaptor, it should fit any K-mount lens, regardless of whether it's an AF lens or not.
03-09-2020, 09:16 PM - 1 Like   #3

when it comes to the dimensions of the mount, however the adapter will not fit. I clips into my camera just fine (F mount, Nikon D3200) but wont fit any of the lenses at all

Can you list the lenses which won't fit ?

03-09-2020, 09:55 PM - 4 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Are you trying to mount the lens in the correct direction? I haven't used a Nikon in years, but if I remember the bayonet turns in the opposite direction.

03-09-2020, 10:13 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Can you show us some photos of the adaptor?
And yes, it would also be nice to know which lenses won't fit.
03-10-2020, 04:30 AM - 1 Like   #6

Please post an image of the adapter. A picture says more than thousand words, I am told.
03-10-2020, 08:05 AM   #7

Original Poster
Primary lens I got the adaptor for is a Sigma Super-Wide II f2.8 24mm. I have others as well with the same mount but they just don't fit into the adaptor, like at all. I cant even get it to slide into the threshold to lock them into place. I dont recall which lenses I have exactly as I just got them (a friend scored them in an estate cleaning and gave them to me)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LM-Q720  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
LM-Q720  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
LM-Q720  Photo 
03-10-2020, 08:08 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
If it is a PK mount adaptor, it should fit any K-mount lens, regardless of whether it's an AF lens or not.
Thats what everything online is telling me so I dont understand why it wont work
03-10-2020, 08:10 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Are you trying to mount the lens in the correct direction? I haven't used a Nikon in years, but if I remember the bayonet turns in the opposite direction.
Yeah, I know which direction it goes, it mounts to the camera without issue but wont accept the lens, cant even get it past the threshold to lock into place. I posted pictures in the comments
03-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brento_numchuck Quote
Primary lens I got the adaptor for is a Sigma Super-Wide II f2.8 24mm. I have others as well with the same mount but they just don't fit into the adaptor, like at all. I cant even get it to slide into the threshold to lock them into place. I dont recall which lenses I have exactly as I just got them (a friend scored them in an estate cleaning and gave them to me)
The lens is not Pentax-K. It looks to be Canon EF (EOS), perhaps? Minolta/Sony A-mount.

Steve
03-10-2020, 09:38 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The lens is not Pentax-K. It looks to be Canon EF (EOS), perhaps? Minolta/Sony A-mount.

Steve
Yep, the lack of a protruding aperture tab is a dead giveaway.

Last edited by Serkevan; 03-10-2020 at 09:57 AM. Reason: A word that completely changes the stuff.
03-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Yep, the lack of aperture tab is a dead giveaway.
The pictured lens has the aperture tab of the Minolta/Sony A mount (only later A mount lenses didn't have one). The electrical contacts are another way to differentiate between EF, SA, and A mounts.
03-10-2020, 09:56 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The pictured lens has the aperture tab of the Minolta/Sony A mount (only later A mount lenses didn't have one). The electrical contacts are another way to differentiate between EF, SA, and A mounts.
Agh, I meant the tab is not visibly protruding. That's what I get for posting in a hurry.
03-10-2020, 10:18 AM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by brento_numchuck Quote
The lenses I have all say they use a k mount or Ka,
I am sort of curious how you came to the conclusion that your lenses were K-mount. None of my K-mount lenses has the letter K on it except for my Tamron 17-50 has KPR written on the rear lens cap.
03-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krazny Quote
I am sort of curious how you came to the conclusion that your lenses were K-mount. None of my K-mount lenses has the letter K on it except for my Tamron 17-50 has KPR written on the rear lens cap.
I searched up the lens and the Pentax forums lists it as such

---------- Post added 03-10-20 at 10:47 AM ----------

Overall, it has been a headache trying to find these lenses listed accurately at all, even when searching for the exact lens. I'm not super familiar with older lenses and the fact that they all just kind of came in a plastic basket with no paperwork or ID aside from what is on the lens hasnt helped identify what I need to be able to use them
Attached Images