Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-24-2020, 10:56 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Forgetting to turn my camera off before doing a field lens change is what leads to most of my sensor dust. I can go months without issue but I tend to do some lens changes when out hiking in the spring and fall and that's when I see it.
Same here. If you're outdoors, try to find a place out of the wind, and keep the camera pointed down when changing lenses.

04-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Finally posted a pic, probably dust. When i get a cleaning method , kit , ill clean camera. Would the lens be affected since there is dust in the camera, probably.
Attached Images

Last edited by zzxxcc_penthouse; 04-05-2020 at 12:18 PM.
04-05-2020, 02:11 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zzxxcc_penthouse Quote
Finally posted a pic, probably dust. When i get a cleaning method , kit , ill clean camera. Would the lens be affected since there is dust in the camera, probably.
That looks more like dirt either on the lens or on the focus screen. Sensor dust is usually fuzzy-edged.
04-05-2020, 08:16 PM   #34

Original Poster
That looks more like dirt either on the lens or on the focus screen. Sensor dust is usually fuzzy-edged.
Next photo, I will do just one photo, and not do much to it when i edit it in LR or photoshop , this photo - i might of did a hdr , and i edited it some, so the spots are sharp. Thank you,

04-06-2020, 07:33 AM   #35

Original Poster
Here is a pic , i only adjusted white balance and exposure , ( the screen may be dirty , maybe ) I didnt really pay attention, now when i look into optical viewfinder , i see spots, and little spects of whatever they are.
Attached Images

Last edited by zzxxcc_penthouse; 04-06-2020 at 07:44 AM.
04-06-2020, 07:34 AM   #36

Original Poster
and another pic
Attached Images

04-06-2020, 08:27 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

and another pic
The sensor may not need cleaning. That's trash, bit's of dirt and specks of "stuff". Turn the camera upside down and use a blower to see if any of it gets cleaned up.

04-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #38

Original Poster
The sensor may not need cleaning. That's trash, bit's of dirt and specks of "stuff". Turn the camera upside down and use a blower to see if any of it gets cleaned up.
I used the blower, tipped camera upside down , blew it quite a few times, that didn't have any effects. maybe a dozen times i did that. As i look into view finder , looks like a piece of hair and spots.

---------- Post added 04-06-20 at 11:23 AM ----------

I used the blower, tipped camera upside down , blew it quite a few times, that didn't have any effects. maybe a dozen times i did that. As i look into view finder , looks like a piece of hair and spots.
Im going to watch some videos and read about cleaning, inside of camera, have to know what the parts are first, then clean, not familiar with the sensor and mirror , etc.

I did the flip the mirror to clean the sensor , and used the blower , that cleaned it alot , i can count the spots now, then did a sensor shake . then did the blower thing with the mirror up. Its better , still some spots.I Read the pentax k50 manual.

Last edited by zzxxcc_penthouse; 04-06-2020 at 02:56 PM.
04-06-2020, 04:31 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Check the back of the lens, and clean off the glass with a rocket blower or microfiber cloth. Blow off all the surfaces off and try again. That doesn't look like sensor dust to me.
04-06-2020, 05:33 PM   #40

Original Poster

---------- Post added 04-06-20 at 11:23 AM ----------

Im going to watch some videos and read about cleaning, inside of camera, have to know what the parts are first, then clean, not familiar with the sensor and mirror , etc.

I did the flip the mirror to clean the sensor , and used the blower , that cleaned it alot , i can count the spots now, then did a sensor shake . then did the blower thing with the mirror up. Its better , still some spots.I Read the pentax k50 manual.

I mean that it is almost gone , almost clean , there were dust on the sensor. It was really bad before . Now i need to clean the lens back like you said. Thank you.
04-06-2020, 06:01 PM   #41

Original Poster
Some spots left and a big speck. Little by little going away.
Attached Images

04-06-2020, 06:40 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like you're getting there. Now the spots in that photo could be sensor dust. Do they fade away when you open the aperture up? It might be time to try a wet cleaning.
04-06-2020, 07:59 PM   #43

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Looks like you're getting there. Now the spots in that photo could be sensor dust. Do they fade away when you open the aperture up? It might be time to try a wet cleaning.
I may of used the wrong brush to clean the sensor, which is black , it left some of its lint on the sensor. Its the black brush that came with the camera cleaning kit , will it scrach the sensor? hope not. Now ill just do a wet clean surface method on the sensor ,
04-06-2020, 10:45 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've never heard of using a brush to clean the sensor - the risk being the possibility of debris left behind (and possibly scratches!). Normally it's done with a rocket blower, then the next step, if needed would be some form of wet cleaning. Do a forum search for "sensor cleaning" for more suggestions.
04-20-2020, 12:10 PM   #45

Original Poster
Today , finally got the Pentax sensor cleaning kit, from Ricoh! From Adorama , had to wait cause of holiday, Let see how it goes.