Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AVANT Quote
1) Manual means, no calculations. P-TTL requires the camera to calculate. So yes, manual is more consistent.

2) Yes. I have taken shots where there is no direct line of sight with my P-TTL Wireless Flash Slaves and it works.

3) Swivel is very useful for a flash. Using a diffuser is not a replacement for bouncing the flash, they give you different effects and each has a place and time to use.

The difference is not only p-ttl, also don't think of P-TTL as a useless technology (because it's very useful). The 360 has lots of features that aren't found on many base model flashes. Zoom head, tilt head, manually adjustable power output, auto thyristor mode, contrast lighting mode, focus assist lamp, second curtain flash, high speed sync, and optical wireless capabilities.

Yes, if you spend the time, you can tinker with all the adjustments you want. But that's just how it is in photography, if you want to tinker with settings all day, you can. If you like making the adjustments fine, but technology has it's place in photography as well, and I for one appreciate the less time and addition photography possibilities that the technology offers.
Great post. I spoke too quickly.

The point I was trying to make was with respect to money vs light. Perhaps too pointedly. I have nothing against more toys!

10-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry, not meaing to beat a dead horse. But can anyone answer my question earlier in the post?
Thanks
Jim