Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2020, 01:59 PM   #1

GR III replacement part question

Hello everyone, I recently lost a piece to my GR III somewhere on the streets of San Francisco. The GR cameras are great cause I can fit it in my pocket. But I think it may have also been the reason why a piece of my camera fell off. Was wondering if replacement parts are available and if so what the piece is called? Here’s a photo. I really appreciate the help!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone X  Photo 
04-04-2020, 02:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Retail parts are generally not available, but you can send the camera in to Precision to get if fixed (see the sticky in the repairs forum).

I'd say it's pretty unusual for the lens cover to just fall off like that. If this wasn't caused by a physical impact, then you may be able to get it repaired under warranty.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: