Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 5
Weird Coloring on my pictures

Hello,
I recently started shooting film on my Pentax K1000. After shooting a few rolls, I noticed that the coloring on about half of the pictures had a brownish tint to them. I exposed most of them the same way and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. On these I shot with Kodak Gold 200 and had them developed through Walgreens. You can see the brownish one as opposed to the normal looking one. Please help.

Attached Images
   
04-09-2020, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,270
They look to me like the developer or printer was using poor or depleted chemicals. That sort of colouring used to be a hallmark of some fast turnaround (1 hour photo type) print shops. I would rule out your exposure, because there's a reasonable amount of detail in the highlight areas of the first shot.
04-09-2020, 08:58 PM   #3
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 5
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
They look to me like the developer or printer was using poor or depleted chemicals. That sort of colouring used to be a hallmark of some fast turnaround (1 hour photo type) print shops. I would rule out your exposure, because there's a reasonable amount of detail in the highlight areas of the first shot.
Should I go through someone else to scan/print?
04-09-2020, 11:47 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,724
Old film? Bad processing of prints? Bad processing of film?
Take negatives to another lab.

04-10-2020, 02:15 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,270
QuoteOriginally posted by graceb10101 Quote
Should I go through someone else to scan/print?
I guess that depends on who else can do that for you. Were these scanned from prints or from negatives?
04-10-2020, 02:16 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,270
By the way, welcome to Pentax Forums!
04-10-2020, 09:10 AM   #7
Moderator
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 7,437
Old film or old chemicals could be the problem. Was the film developed in-house with an onsite processor or was it sent out? The problem with many onsite processors is that the chemistry might not be fresh or replenished or the equipment wasn't on long enough for the chemistry to get to the proper temperatures. This is up to the diligence of the operators.
04-10-2020, 10:11 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian
35mmfilmfan's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 1,574
I think this has been answered on Photo.Net

04-10-2020, 11:23 AM - 1 Like   #9
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 18
I think that would either be due to your film being old or maybe the chemicals they were using expired.

I never rarely use Walgreens as they probably don't know what they're doing
04-10-2020, 12:18 PM   #10
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 5
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I guess that depends on who else can do that for you. Were these scanned from prints or from negatives?
negatives
04-12-2020, 04:30 AM   #11
Pentaxian
Astro-Baby's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Reigate, Surrey
Posts: 718
Old film or dud processing, you arent doing anything wrong other than using a dud processor
04-12-2020, 06:59 AM   #12
Pentaxian
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Posts: 12,403
QuoteOriginally posted by graceb10101 Quote
Hello,
I recently started shooting film on my Pentax K1000. After shooting a few rolls, I noticed that the coloring on about half of the pictures had a brownish tint to them. I exposed most of them the same way and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. On these I shot with Kodak Gold 200 and had them developed through Walgreens. You can see the brownish one as opposed to the normal looking one. Please help.
The colour balance is off. Itís just printing that isnít quite right. No need to panic, go back to whomever did the work and have it done over.
Full disclosure: I ran photo labs for just over 20 years.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, coloring, coloring help, pentax help, photography, pictures, troubleshooting
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Landscape Wheat and Weeds - Selective Coloring daacon Post Your Photos! 4 09-21-2015 11:54 PM
Reddish tint or coloring in viewfinder CAP Visitors' Center 2 09-17-2013 01:02 PM
People My pride in selective coloring ismaelg Post Your Photos! 4 12-30-2010 02:48 AM
Weekly Challenge #129 - Hand Coloring slinco Weekly Photo Challenges 8 04-02-2010 06:45 AM
Selective coloring attempt? vievetrick Post Your Photos! 5 04-06-2008 08:06 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top