Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2020, 08:40 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Out of curiosity, is the red stripe across the top a feature of all the bad frames?
That's probably from the strip of masked dark pixels that surround the active, light-sensitive portion of the sensor. The camera and post-processing system use the measured values in these pixels to estimate the black-level of the sensor.

04-13-2020, 09:03 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
That's probably from the strip of masked dark pixels that surround the active, light-sensitive portion of the sensor. The camera and post-processing system use the measured values in these pixels to estimate the black-level of the sensor.
If so, the problem must be very severe.

Steve
04-13-2020, 07:14 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Grasping at straws. Could you do a firmware update?
04-13-2020, 09:59 PM   #19

Original Poster
SteveBrot - Have not noticed striping on any of the previous images and I don't have them as I deleted them.

UncleVanya - I applied the latest firmware so it's current

I should mention that I've had the camera for about 8 months and this has happened about 5-6 times out of a 1,000 images taken.

Service center, anyone recommend one, I live in Southern California.

Thank you all for your input. I'm going to do some testing to see if I can replicate the problem, i.e. listen to any anomalies when the shutter is released for example.

04-14-2020, 06:27 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm simply stumped. This is a weird issue.
04-17-2020, 03:33 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by macd Quote
I should mention that I've had the camera for about 8 months and this has happened about 5-6 times out of a 1,000 images taken.

Service center, anyone recommend one, I live in Southern California.
Is the camera still under warranty? Do you enroll in the Silver or Platinum Service program? If so than Precision Camera in CT is your only choice.

Picture Perfect in Valencia, CA used to be an authorized Pentax repair center. They may well still be even though not listed by Ricoh, as is the case with Advance Camera in Oregon. Regardless, Picture Perfect no longer takes walk-ins and only Precision handles warranty service.

Picture Perfect Unlimited - camera repair and sales of Pentax cameras
04-18-2020, 05:59 AM   #22

Original Poster
Hi Not a Number, it's not under warranty.
I will check with Picture Perfect and see what they tell me, thanks for the info.