Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2020, 12:27 PM   #1

Stripping down a Pentax 645 A 35mm lens

Having read the positive reviews of it on this forum, I bought a Pentax 645 35mm A lens. I have tested it on a Sony A7Rii full-frame camera, via a Fotodiox Tilt/Shift adapter. First results are very pleasing.

A reviewer on this forum said that it was easy to fix, and I would like to get inside it to see if it could be adapted for a Pentacon Six mount, for which I would need to get it about 3.5mm further back than now (for infinity focus).

I took off the black plate at the back (4 screws). I then removed the 6 screws that hold the shiny chrome plate that has the three lens mounting lugs or tabs, but couldn't get it off.

Any advice from any forum members would be appreciated.

My aim to explore feasibility; I don't have machining tools or skills, but if it appears that there is space to do what I am after, I would pass it on to someone with the appropriate skills and experience. It could then be easily also continue to be mounted onto Pentax 645 cameras via a Pentacon Six to Pentax 645 adapter, which is reportedly not hard to find (I have one on order, presumably held up in Customs). In this conversion I would expect to lose automatic aperture, but am prepared to accept that, as I use stop-down metering both on film cameras and on my digital camera.

Many thanks for any assistance!

Trevor

04-16-2020, 05:31 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is not clear what you are attempting. Assuming you have the Fotodiox TLT ROKR for Pentax 645 on Sony E, you should be set. What is the rational for attempting the conversion to to Pentacon Six?

FWIW, this is a rather unusual request, one that would generally require machine tools with poor chance of success.

Steve
04-18-2020, 02:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
Steve

Yes it is the Fotodiox TLT ROKR for Pentax 645 on Sony E. It seems to work well for shift. Not properly tested for tilt yet, but the locking screw needs to be really tightened up, or the lens begins to droop.

Your other comments noted. The conversion would be beyond the scope of my tools and skills, and at the present time there is no point in contacting people who might be able to do it, as they are presumably confined to their homes and unable to access lathes and other tools.

Let us hope that the world soon gets out of this crisis and that people will be safe.

Trevor