Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rogerstg Quote
I'm so very sorry for your loss.
So am I. Best wishes to you and your partner @Fiaskemist
QuoteOriginally posted by Fiaskemist Quote
I will look into these, especially metering since I don’t really know anything about it. I have been taking the camera out with me a a couple of times each week so I can practice, will try to learn something new one concept at a time.
The immediate thing to work on is when to use the different metering modes: spot, centre-weighted and multi-segment. I use spot when the exposure of the subject is very different from the exposure of the rest of the scene - like a bird in shade against a bright sky. I use centre-weighted when I have a particular subject located in the central portion of the scene (e.g. most of the time for flowers, birds, animals and people). I use multi-segment in other situations (e.g. a broad landscape) - you then rely on the camera to work it out. You also need to decide whether to link the auto-exposure point and the autofocus point - that is, exposure will be weighted to the point you have in focus. That is often a good idea for when you are focusing on a particular subject, rather than selecting a focus point from a broad scene just to get the hyperfocal distance.
06-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also best wishes from me!
06-08-2020, 09:26 PM - 1 Like   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

I will remember the sigma, it looks good. In your opinion, how big a difference is there between f/3.5 and f/2.8? Is this something very noticeable?

Sorry for getting back to you all so late, have been very busy and then also some sad news, we had a miscarriage, but we know that it is something common so we are trying not be too sad about it.
We went through this 4x, but we do have one child, now 25, and in her last year of graduate school, still a child, but approaching adulthood. Persevere my young friend.

I think your question about f/3.5 and f/2.8 depends on the lens. If you are looking for a prime lens generally wider is better. At f/2.8 you can shoot indoors and it will be rather tan. I suggest an aperture below 2.0 for indoor shooting. If you are looking at prime lenses with these and have any desire to take indoor shots invest in a flash. I bought a Yongnuo Speedlite YN585EX, it is amazing how well it meshes with the Pentax equipment and in auto-mode helps give me such good indoor photos. The pop-up flash on the K-5 will blind everyone and overexpose everything.

06-10-2020, 05:21 PM - 1 Like   #95
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry for getting back to you all so late, have been very busy and then also some sad news, we had a miscarriage, but we know that it is something common so we are trying not be too sad about it.
I'm sorry for your loss. I would have had sisters, but my mom miscarried twice.
07-21-2020, 04:30 PM - 2 Likes   #96

Original Poster
Thank you all for your wishes. Hope you all are doing alright in these times.

I just read some older posts in this thread, gave me a nice chuckle reading all the enthusiastic answers and opinions I recieved.

Also, fun fact of the day: Just checked the cameras shutter count for the first time. I think we have pressed the shutter button around 800-900 times since getting the camera,