Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2020, 09:59 AM   #1

Incompatible lens after camera repair

Before the lock down in March, I got my K311 back from repair. The invoice said power operation replaced, A complete repair and returned all functions to factory specs. Current FW ver 1.10, complete cleaning. Parts Main PCB, Diaphragm control.
The original problem was pink screen refer to previous post:
Pink photos - PentaxForums.com
I have not been able to really test it out. It seemed fine in general with the kit lens I had available. When I tried swapping lenses I discovered my DAL 18-55 and my DA 55-300 WR work fine with it but my DA 18-135 and DA 55-300 PLM do not. They were all working fine before the repair and all work fine on my other 2 K3II's and K3. All have current FW.
When I turn it on and try moving through the menu it flashes the menu and returns to the main scream which may also flash for a time. I am not getting a red focus box or sound but seems to be focusing. I can't set any of the settings with these 2 lenses.
Any thoughts as to what might have happened to cause this incompatibility and is there a quick fix or something I should look into before I ship it back?

05-03-2020, 10:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So, lenses that operate via screwdrive work OK, but lenses that operate via in-lens motors do not. Hmmm...
05-03-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
So, lenses that operate via screwdrive work OK, but lenses that operate via in-lens motors do not. Hmmm...
Yep... I would say this is an issue to take up with the company who did the repair... maybe missed wiring to the AF contacts on reassembly...?
05-03-2020, 10:52 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jane Quote
Any thoughts as to what might have happened to cause this incompatibility and is there a quick fix or something I should look into before I ship it back?

I would not attempt any troubleshooting, but would contact the repair shop as soon as possible to have them rectify the problem. Be sure to have them pay for the shipping.

Steve

05-03-2020, 04:59 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies and advice. I don't seem to have much luck with repairs.
05-04-2020, 04:22 AM   #6
Unregistered User

I think the technical term for that condition is, "busted".