Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2020, 03:09 PM   #16

Original Poster
just to follow up...

Just to follow-up. When I held down the lens release button as suggested by "Not a Number", I was able to rotate the lens about another 10 degrees. I no longer heard a scraping noise that must have of been associated with hanging up the lens. So the lens completed seated.

Also I realized (my bad) that there is supposed to be a gap at the very outside of the lens at the OD as stated by "Lowell Goudge". Unlike the other lenses I have the aperture ring of this lens is against the camera body. So there needs to be a gap between the aperture ring and camera so the ring can rotate without rubbing on the camera body. The aperture ring is slightly offset from the lens mount.

Thanks to all of you for your replies and help.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, camera, check, drive, focus, fujinon 55mm, gap, issue & infinity, lens, lens mounting issue, m42 lens, m42 mounting issue, mount, notch, pentax help, photography, screw, seat, shaft, smooth, tab, troubleshooting