Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2020, 09:05 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Falcon Quote
Have to contact Pentax first but they want the Sn: where the heck do I find that!
Pentax site doesnít say where it is.
Entered the 7 digit No from bottom of camera they say itís invalid ??
The number on the bottom of the camera body is the serial number. Take a photo of it with another camera and send it to them.

05-19-2020, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #17

Original Poster
Sorted, in a way!
Amazon online said they can’t replace it ( that was to be expected) I had to talk to pentax first, so emailed Pentax explaining fault, they replied that it’s under warranty so amazon should do replacement but if they refuse ( they then gave me a contact in Pentax) they will exchange it.
But there service centre is closed ( covid) so will have to wait for replacement.
So tried amazon again, still same answer from them but there was the option to return for refund!
Looks like the quickest way to get a replacement at the moment so returned for refund, as soon as that’s credited I’ll just order another, from somewhere else ( so I don’t get palmed off with the same one back) I just don’t trust companies and returns.
05-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bit of a runaround, but sounds like the best solution.
05-19-2020, 03:56 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I am very surprised regarding the attitude of Amazon UK. I have friends here in the US who received defective merchandise, and received excellent customer service for replacement trough Amazon US. Did they state their reason? Maybe beyond their replacement time? Yet they will take it back and refund your money! The only other explanation is that they have no more available. Getting the refund and purchasing another does sound like the best way to go.

05-19-2020, 09:40 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
I am very surprised regarding the attitude of Amazon UK. I have friends here in the US who received defective merchandise, and received excellent customer service for replacement trough Amazon US. Did they state their reason? Maybe beyond their replacement time? Yet they will take it back and refund your money! The only other explanation is that they have no more available. Getting the refund and purchasing another does sound like the best way to go.
Agreed Amazon are normally very good, ordered a £600 tent a couple of years ago that didn’t arrive on time and they credited my account for the cost and said not to bother returning if it turned up, ( we were supposed to be going camping the next day) tent turned up first thing in the following morning,, free camping trip.
No! I expected some sort of different reply like this due to covid19 closing so many departments, it’s screwing everything up!
So this was the only option I could see to get a replacement.
07-04-2020, 03:42 AM - 1 Like   #21

Original Poster
Hi,
Just an update, received new K1 ii seems to work beautifully but whilst waiting for it to arrive I had been using the 150-450 lens on my K5 flawlessly for several weeks.
Decided to use the lens on the K1 ii again (as thatís what I bought it for) and heart sank when after app a week went to take a shot and everything went dead ( no af, no shutter) and blank screen, I turned it off and on again and it worked fine again.
This has happened about 4 times in the last fortnight so nowhere near as bad as before , deciding now wether I can live with it or contact Pentax.
Tried lens back on K5 and no problems at all and all other lenses work ok on the K1 ii so it is just this one combination with problems.
Will continue investigating this one ( software/ hardware, lens / camera fault) , but, the 150-450 is brilliant on the K5 as it gives me that extra focal length that I always crave for .