Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-22-2020, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Single and Continuous AF on Pentax K5 II

I hardly ever use continuous-AF with my Camera, (Pentax K-5 IIs) but for a long time I noticed that the Single-AF and the Continuous-AF work the same. That is I have to keep pressing the shutter over and over again. While on my other cameras Canon 6D and Nikon D7200 I jut keep my finger on the shutter and the camera fires away like a machine gun. I'm starting to think that either I'm doing some thing wrong, or there is something wrong the the camera ?

---------- Post added 05-22-20 at 09:44 AM ----------

Sorry I figured it out. You have to go in the Menu and set the camera to Continuous Frames as well as setting the AF-c button on the camera itself.

---------- Post added 05-22-20 at 09:46 AM ----------

Sorry, I figured it out. You have to go to the Menu and set the camera for continuous frame, as well as setting the button to AF-C on the camera itself.

05-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yes , continuous shooting mode and Af-C are two separate things. Mostly used together, but not required for either to work.
05-22-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One is a drive mode (single-frame, multiple-continuous frame shooting- is what you are looking for, self-timer with multiple choices with the 2-second version having the mirror locked up, and more choices). drive mode selections are accessed via the button above the ok button.

The other feature you are alluding to is via the switch on the left side of the camera- AF-C, which is for continuous AF tracking. With this setting, the AF continues to re-focus as a subject moves, as you hold the half press or use the rear AF button. In this AF mode, the shutter will fire even though "perfect" focus may not be achieved, whereas with AF-S the shutter will fire only when the focus confirmation light comes on.