Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2020, 08:36 PM   #1

Pentax K-70 stuck in Aperture Priority mode

After recently updating to v.1.11, the mode dial wont let me change to anything else but users 1,2, and 3, as well as bulb exposure. Whenever I turn the dial to a mode other than those, it switches to Aperture Priority mode, and only that mode. Any ideas?

05-27-2020, 09:12 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

A few quick questions:

1. Does your camera allow you to go into M mode?
2. What lens is mounted?

Steve
05-27-2020, 09:29 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

A few quick questions:

1. Does your camera allow you to go into M mode?
2. What lens is mounted?

Steve
I'll admit, I do feel a little dumb for not seeing if it went away when I actually attached the lens. Thanks for the tip!
05-27-2020, 10:28 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Puddintane Quote
I'll admit, I do feel a little dumb for not seeing if it went away when I actually attached the lens. Thanks for the tip!
Yay! Recent Pentax dSLRs behave differently when a lens having a conductive base is not detected. I'm glad I asked the right questions.

Steve