Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2020, 02:00 PM   #1

Multiple exposures

Hello, I am rather new to photography in general and Pentax specifically. Just bought a K-70. I think I have a handle on the Interval Movie Record function but in the Multi-exposure function I am a little baffled. In trying to use any of the four modes that make up Multi-exposure the camera takes only one picture, not the number of shots that I have specified. I know I am missing something simple but right now I am stuck. Thank you.

05-30-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pjbontheroad Quote
In trying to use any of the four modes that make up Multi-exposure the camera takes only one picture, not the number of shots that I have specified.
If I am not mistaken you have to press the shutter button for every exposure in multi-exposure mode (to combine two images like the sky and a portrait or something like that).

What you are probably looking for is the interval-multi-exposure mode.
edit: with this mode you can set the number of exposures your camera should combine and also the time period between each shot and the camera will then shoot all pictures on it's own after starting the intervall with your first actuation.
This way you can simulate ND-filters when photographing a continuus movement like waterfalls for instance.

Last edited by othar; 05-30-2020 at 02:48 PM.
05-31-2020, 01:55 PM   #3

Original Poster
You are absolutely correct, thank you
05-31-2020, 03:07 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pjbontheroad Quote
I am a little baffled. In trying to use any of the four modes that make up Multi-exposure the camera takes only one picture, not the number of shots that I have specified.
Referencing page 70 in the user guide, you have four main options for multiple exposure:
  1. Multiple exposure (one exposure per shutter press)
  2. Multiple exposure, Continuous (similar to continuous shutter mode)
  3. Multiple exposure + self timer (one exposure per shutter press, preceded by timer)
  4. Multiple exposure + remote control (one exposure per shutter press using IR remote)
I am pretty sure that #2 will do what you intend. When this setting is enabled, the shutter will run continuously as long as the shutter button is pressed until the desired number of shots are taken.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-31-2020 at 03:15 PM.