Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-14-2020, 06:12 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
I do not see how that can be possible. The review of photos taken preserved on the SD card, as seen on the rear LCD screen cannot be erased just by changing lenses!! In other words, you are saying if you take more photos with the same lens, the photos stay preserved, but if you take photos after changing to another lens, those taken with the previous lens are erased, or no longer available for review among those of photos taken. (!)
Exactly

---------- Post added 06-14-20 at 06:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
What you are describing should not be possible. You may wish to take a video clip of what you're doing with your phone and post that on youtube or similar and post the link to the video here so that we can see what you see.
I shall

06-15-2020, 01:27 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nautical_sausage Quote
So I figured out something very odd. When I switch lens and take pics, all the pics I took with the previous lens are gone when looking through the pictures on the camera. So the issue isn’t transferring to light room. Any advice?
Does your camera have dual card slots ? If you turn on the camera when only one card is loaded the camera will default to that card.
06-15-2020, 01:42 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nautical_sausage Quote
I’m importing photos to Lightroom on my iPad. Then when I go to look at the pics I took I’m realizing more than several pictures are just not there, gone. It’s really pissing me off. Any advice or known issues??? I’m shooting raw only and importing all raws.
Maybe moving the "lock" tab on the card to the locked position will help. This will prevent the iPad from writing on the card. I have noticed that this is a nasty habit of Apple equipment.
06-16-2020, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Does your camera have dual card slots ? If you turn on the camera when only one card is loaded the camera will default to that card.
The KP does not have dual card slots.

---------- Post added 06-16-20 at 07:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Argos Quote
Maybe moving the "lock" tab on the card to the locked position will help. This will prevent the iPad from writing on the card. I have noticed that this is a nasty habit of Apple equipment.
Wow- the storage device writing on the card! This sounds like perhaps the culprit. I was thinking such a far-out phenomenon could not be with the camera, but with the iPad or iPad-plus-lighroom. I always download photos I have taken with a card reader. Inexpensive and effective.