Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-07-2020, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Iso Button popped out and won't stay in...

Well, I got my K1 back this weekend! Seems to be working great so far until I hit the ISO button ontop and it popped off. There appear to be 2 notches and a the stem has a notch but I can't seem to get it back into place.

I won't send it off to repair again so I'm hoping that I can do this on my own.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Rodney

06-07-2020, 10:28 AM   #2

You might have to open the camera up. In any event I would consider the weather seal compromised.

If you sent it to Precision they should have a 30 or 90 day warranty on repairs.
06-07-2020, 04:18 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lazarustx Quote
Well, I got my K1 back this weekend! Seems to be working great so far until I hit the ISO button ontop and it popped off. There appear to be 2 notches and a the stem has a notch but I can't seem to get it back into place.

I won't send it off to repair again so I'm hoping that I can do this on my own.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Rodney
Send it back Rodney. They should have checked it all before sending it back to you.
06-08-2020, 09:06 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Send it back Rodney. They should have checked it all before sending it back to you.
They sent it back. My sales rep was very convincing when she spoke to the techs... 'The button came off when we unwrapped the camera.' No one questioned sending it back at that point..
So I'm back to waiting....

On a much lighter note, I found a very nice Pentax Q with and lens for a decent price...

Thanks again for ya'll's help.

06-09-2020, 02:25 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bit of a saga. Good luck with the Q.
I'm happy to report my K-1II is back and working as it should. I might add that it arrived back spotlessly clean so I suspect they did a professional clean on it too.