Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2020, 03:45 AM   #1

Image Transmitter 2 original software download link

Need to find the original software download link for Image Transmitter 2 software, the Ricoh site has the Updater links AND all the links for the software point to the support page updater, but none to the original software, which is needed first so you can apply the update?

06-21-2020, 03:58 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by petercf Quote
Need to find the original software download link for Image Transmitter 2 software, the Ricoh site has the Updater links AND all the links for the software point to the support page updater, but none to the original software, which is needed first so you can apply the update?
Have you purchased the software? It is not free (hence no direct download is offered).

There are workarounds, of course, but the idea is that you need to buy the disc.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-21-2020, 01:32 PM   #3

Original Poster
Disc, I only have download or USB/SD Card?
06-21-2020, 01:49 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Image transmitter runs on your computer. There's no need to install anything on the camera. There's an overview of how it works here:
Pentax Image Transmitter 2 Review - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-22-2020, 09:20 AM   #5
Pentaxian

A reflection of the times, I'm afraid ... you'll need to beg, steal or borrow a USB CD drive, once you've sourced an original disc
06-22-2020, 10:37 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
A reflection of the times, I'm afraid ... you'll need to beg, steal or borrow a USB CD drive, once you've sourced an original disc
You can get a USB cd drive from Ebay for a tenner.
06-22-2020, 01:48 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Read more at: Pentax Image Transmitter 2 Review - Features and Performance | PentaxForums.com Reviews

"We also installed the software on a new laptop that does not have a CD drive. In lieu of purchasing an external CD drive, it is possible to simply copy the installation files from a desktop to a USB drive, or to mount an ISO image of the disk. The installation files are only about 100Mb."

11-27-2020, 02:36 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Need to find the original software download link for Image Transmitter 2 software
If you're not able to install it from the update file, you have to buy the software. It's not available for free.
The updates available for download are only usable if the installer detects an already existing installation of the IT2 software.
12-27-2020, 12:56 AM   #9

Hi,
i shortly purchased a pentax 645z and now i am looking for the image transmitter 2 software, but i can't find it in europe. even on ricoh/pentax website it is marked as "out of stock". no single chance to get one on ebay or a local dealer. i found a german dealer listing the cdrom on the website but they told me, ricoh is not longer selling the software
...does someone know where to get a copy of the cdrom? it is really sad, that a new 645z owner has to buy this in addition. but it is even more sad, that it is out of stock everywhere.
with kind regards
michael
03-06-2021, 12:01 PM   #10
Pentaxian

How did your search for IT2 went?
Seems like there are always users looking for it.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/48-pentax-medium-format/421266-pentax-im...ml#post5226232
03-06-2021, 10:40 PM   #11

hi, I was able to get the software nib from ebay Japan for a fair price. The software is really working great. But I would wish, pentax would give it to the pentax 645 users for free.
06-17-2022, 09:04 AM   #12

Looking for a download of Image transmitter for my 645Z

I am looking for a copy of IT version 1, can anybody help?
06-17-2022, 12:36 PM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Namibchris Quote
I am looking for a copy of IT version 1, can anybody help?
Why IT1 if you have the 645Z?
Keep the overview on the increasing tethering options for Pentax cameras - PentaxForums.com
12-01-2022, 02:00 PM   #14

it is still available from Pentax for 199.99.

https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/product/pentax-image-transmitter-2-s-sw150a/

I ordered one and received the CD within 4 days.
01-13-2023, 03:28 AM   #15

If anyone is interested in the software, particularly in Germany, the IT2 is also available for order from Foto-Koch in Düsseldorf.

The current price is (still) 152€ (VAT & free shipping within Germany included). Sometimes, they also offer additional (e.g. seasonal) discounts.
Depending where you live, shipping might be expensive, but international shipments are available, though.

Foto-Koch orders the Image Transmitter directly from Ricoh Japan, the store's assistant told me. I've purchased the software last year with an additional discount for approximately 120€.

You will the offer on their online shop: https://www.fotokoch.de/Pentax-Image-Transmitter-2-fuer-645Z_62602.html