Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2020, 07:24 AM   #1

Pentax ME shutter release button

Hi!
My Pentax ME has a new battery and recently had a stuck advance lever, which I managed to fix. After I fixed it I closed the bottom of the camera back up and suddenly the shutter release button got stuck after I pressed it.
I wanted to investigate so I opened the bottom of the camera again and the shutter immediately released.
This happened over and over again in my attempts to fix the camera. I could of course try and take all my pictures with the bottom exposed, but that doesn't feel good.
Any ideas on what part of the bottom cover could be causing the shutter release button to get stuck?

Harriet

06-27-2020, 08:42 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Try putting the bottom cover back on, but not tightening to much.
Or you could try finding a thin rubber washer and putting it around the tripod mount then put the bottom back on.
Or cutting a piece or two of some sticky backed foam and putting it on the bottom where it wont interfere with any moving parts.
06-27-2020, 12:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by H4rriet Quote
Hi!
My Pentax ME has a new battery and recently had a stuck advance lever, which I managed to fix. After I fixed it I closed the bottom of the camera back up and suddenly the shutter release button got stuck after I pressed it.
I wanted to investigate so I opened the bottom of the camera again and the shutter immediately released.
This happened over and over again in my attempts to fix the camera. I could of course try and take all my pictures with the bottom exposed, but that doesn't feel good.
Any ideas on what part of the bottom cover could be causing the shutter release button to get stuck?

Harriet
PG 14 shows a good shot. I suspect youve got crud or rubbing on the lower release shaft... Page 14 next to the screw.
https://learncamerarepair.com/downloads/pdf/Pentax-ME-Super-Disassembly.pdf

Last edited by MikeMcE; 06-27-2020 at 12:40 PM.