Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2020, 04:19 PM   #1

Video Stopping and Starting again after about 10 Seconds on K-70

Hi,
I have had my K-70 for about a year now and have had no problems. I have been trying to shoot some video recently, however, after about 10 seconds it stops and then starts again, it seems like it just keeps going on this loop. It is not the SD card as far as I can tell, I have a class 10 64gb card and I also tried reducing framerate and all that and it still does this. Do I have a setting on that is making this happen? I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Thanks!

07-02-2020, 12:17 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This does sound like a buffer issue with the card. Have you re-formatted the card in the camera?
Trying a second card could at least help isolate the issue, even if only to demonstrate that the 'looping' interval is similar or not.
Are you applying any in-camera 'digital filters' or other image-enhancement effects? These could contribute to overloading the camera CPU.
Is the camera firmware up to date? v1.11 is the latest version, available here Latest PENTAX K-70 Firmware Update : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING , you'll notice the update does address some non-specified stability issues.

Good luck
07-02-2020, 06:45 PM - 2 Likes   #3

Original Poster
It looks like I was at firmware version 1.00 haha I just updated it and started a video and it's still going after 6 minutes. Thanks for the help!