Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2020, 09:24 PM   #1

pentax ME shutter is stuck and film advance lever is broken

I already used a recently-bought pentax ME. It is in very good condition but after finishing one roll of film (which turned out good) after opening the back and trying to put another roll in, the shutter was suddenly stuck and the film advance lever was moving freely without resistance.After reading about some of the problems it seems that most peoples advancer is stuck, not moving freely like mine. I am not sure if it has to be fixed by a professional or not. I don't have the courage to fix it myself yet. Any type of help will be great.

07-08-2020, 04:52 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
first welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and knowledge here

perhaps even suggestions to help with your problem, but not from me unfortunately

the best I can do is this:

QuoteQuote:
Pentax Repair Facilities (Wordwide listing)
This is a growing list of Pentax repair/service providers. Feel free to post any additions!

Read more at: Pentax Repair Facilities (Wordwide listing) - Page 9 - PentaxForums.com
07-08-2020, 04:55 AM   #3
Pentaxian

It sounds like a sticky shutter latch. Will allow free winding of the advance lever but will not allow the shutter to fire.
Sometimes, after continually working, the latch will sit in place and allow firing of the shutter.
Sometimes, working continually will allow firing frequently of the shutter but leaving it for a short will returns the problem.

I'm not 100% certain but am pretty sure the same applies to the ME, as the above statements are definitely true for the ME Super.

Edit: When you say moving freely without resistance, do you mean that it will not wind on and that the lever seems disengaged from everything? Or would it wind on film if there was film in there, but not shutter?

Last edited by Benz3ne; 07-08-2020 at 05:03 AM.