Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2020, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lens Ring Tool Set Sizes 13,19,21,24,29,30,36,37,44,45,54,62

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Where does one purchase such a set and what are they called?

Steve
Lens Ring Tool Set Sizes 13,19,21,24,29,30,36,37,44,45,54,62

07-12-2020, 07:59 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blumoon722 Quote
Lens Ring Tool Set
The Japan Hobby Tool kit is also available here, under the strange name Vacuum Pad Camera Parts Opener for Camera Lens Repair:

amazon.com : Japan Hobby Tool Vacuum Pad Camera Parts Opener for Camera Lens Repair Made in Japan : Slr Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

I invested in this set a few years ago, and it has been very useful.

- Craig
07-12-2020, 09:04 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They come from Japan Hobby Tool. B&H sells them as "vacuum pads for camera repair" for $20. On ebay they are "sucker opener lens tool".
07-13-2020, 03:04 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sir Nameless Quote
I was taking pictures with the intent of listing my SMC DA 35 Ltd. Macro for sale, when I noticed that there seems to be some fogging or haze on the front element that I hadn't noticed before. There seems to be no impact on image quality that I can see. Any idea what is going on here?

Although purchase second-hand, I have babied this lens like I do the rest of my gear, always pull out the hood in use so I won't touch the glass, have only cleaned it with a blower. And it supposedly has super-protect on it. So I can't imagine this is abrasion from cleaning or something.

The first two links show the problem around the outside of the element. Kind of a bubbly haze. It's only visible in the right light, and it is visible if you look through the lens from the back (it looks bubbly there too). No picture of that though...

Just to show it's hard to see from the wrong angle...

Any ideas? If I do go forward with listing this lens, I'll be basing my condition discount on your collective diagnosis unless, by some good turn of fate, this is somehow normal.

Thanks in advance.
It may have happened in production. They did not clean the lens element properly before coating it. Some tiny dust particles are now caught between the glass and the coating layer. If it does not influence the image quality, don't worry, just use the lens.

07-13-2020, 08:25 AM   #20
Veteran Member

These fit inside front of lens to remove name rings from Takumars:

Rubber Repair Tool Set Ring Filter Removal Spanner Wrench | eBay

image by ebay seller jiakgong