Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-13-2020, 05:36 PM   #16

Original Poster
Thanks for the video, maw! Actually I have been mulling it over. Most of the dust is deposited behind the front element though... I'm not so sure I'd want to disassemble it that far... I see too that there is a camera repair shop not far from me... hard to get in touch with so far with the shelter-in-place orders, but am hoping to get through soon.

---------- Post added 07-13-20 at 05:49 PM ----------

Though looks like I can just go in through the front of the lens, so long as I get the right tools...

07-13-2020, 06:37 PM   #17
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwoodworth Quote
Thanks for the video, maw! Actually I have been mulling it over. Most of the dust is deposited behind the front element though... I'm not so sure I'd want to disassemble it that far... I see too that there is a camera repair shop not far from me... hard to get in touch with so far with the shelter-in-place orders, but am hoping to get through soon.
I understand you sjwoodworth, if it's when you want or you can do it, made me remember a few months ago, I had a tablet ''Asus'' that did not turn on or off practically dead.
I searched on youtube and found a video in English that explained how to do it, well in the end I repaired it, for repair in the city had asked me from 50 to 70 euros.
But in the end it was greater personal satisfaction.

I've read in several forums about the dust inside the lenses, it doesn't really seem to affect the yield itself so much, obviously if you close the diaphragm enough,
you might get diffraction, but it's a physical manifestation that affects all the lenses.