Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2020, 12:38 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess you use the DA-L 18-55 which has a 52mm thread for filters.

Do a factory reset (menu - wrench symbol 3)

A deeper reset goes through the debug menu applying "USR DAT CLEAR"

k-x factory reset - PentaxForums.com

07-15-2020, 08:13 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CarlJF Quote
When you focus manually, does the green hexagon light up in the viewfinder ? If so, it means the AF sensor works fine since the focus confirmation is the same system. Said otherwise, the green hexagon lights up when the AF system detects the focus is ok. If there's a problem with the AF sensor, the green hexagon will not light up.
I see the hexagon but it's flashing, not staying lit up. Is that something I'll have to take to a shop to fix?

---------- Post added 07-15-20 at 08:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
I guess you use the DA-L 18-55 which has a 52mm thread for filters.

Do a factory reset (menu - wrench symbol 3)

A deeper reset goes through the debug menu applying "USR DAT CLEAR"

k-x factory reset - PentaxForums.com
I'll give that a shot. I did a basic factory reset recently but not a deeper reset.
07-15-2020, 08:50 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by liam_wilk Quote
I see the hexagon but it's flashing, not staying lit up. Is that something I'll have to take to a shop to fix?

It should lock, stay lit and then the confirmation beep indicates focus locked in.

Which mode are you using?
AUTO, Scene, Av, Tv?

QuoteOriginally posted by liam_wilk Quote
I'll give that a shot. I did a basic factory reset recently but not a deeper reset.
Normally a basic reset would be enough if anything was programmed in a way not conform with your settings/modes
07-15-2020, 10:10 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote

It should lock, stay lit and then the confirmation beep indicates focus locked in.

Which mode are you using?
AUTO, Scene, Av, Tv?

Normally a basic reset would be enough if anything was programmed in a way not conform with your settings/modes
I've used all of those modes and it does the same thing. Manual mode, Av, Tv, portrait, night scene etc... nothing changes it. I did do another reset and no luck.

07-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #20

Original Poster
Maybe you all can try taking a look at this video? Had to put it in a .zip folder to upload so you may have to download to view it... let me know if this helps?
Attached Files
File Type: zip autofocus.zip (3.31 MB, 10 views)
07-15-2020, 11:56 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hardly anybody will open a zip-folder because they can be zip-bombs!

It's possible to upload videos here or, if too large, there are other possibilities.
07-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #22

Original Poster
I may try to take it to a shop somewhat nearby - camera shops are hard to come by in the TVA.

Anyone with recommendations please let me know as well! Thanks again to everyone!