Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2020, 05:52 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
AE Metering button on K1ii

Hi everyone,

Question using the K1ii.

When looking at the AE Metering icon in live view, it shows 3 different "images" in the icon, The multi-segment shows all green,

However in the viewfinder, it only shows 2 "images" or no image.

IE: press the AE Metering button and change the setting via the rear e-dial and it will show 2 different icons then none

This leads me to believe that when nothing is showing, it is using the multi-segment ( when I go in live-view, it does show multi-segment in green)

Is this normal ? The manual does not say anything about this.

I was just trying to change the metering mode and was looking for the icon and could not find it till I looked in the manual.... then after using the e-dial, I could see it changing.

Thanks
Gary

07-15-2020, 06:20 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by devouges Quote
Is this normal ? The manual does not say anything about this.
Yes that is normal. The LV display will show three icons as you scroll. The rear LCD, when in viewfinder mode, will also display three icons. In the viewfinder itself, you only get an icon for centre weighted or spot meter, matrix metering is blank.
07-15-2020, 06:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's normal - my Mark I does not display anything in the viewfinder when the metering is in multi-segment mode. Guess there was no space for extra indicator in the viewfinder - spot and center-weighted share the same segment in the display.