Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2020, 03:40 PM - 2 Likes   #16

Original Poster
Not a number you are the man , thanks so much worked like a charm. When I originally bought adapters I bought all the OEM ones I could find. They were not that common in Ontario at the time. This particular adapter has always worked fine. At 0530 this morning I was in a rush and I changed lens without paying attention to the proper orientation of the red dot on the adapter and I did have it not 90 but 180 degrees in the wrong direction.

Thank you to everyone for your response , all of you have been a great help every time I had a problem or wanted to buy a new piece of gear.

Mike

07-27-2020, 01:26 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Glad it's fixed - my only non-Pentax one is on my cheap (free !) M42 bellows, with a 12mm ext tube between the body and the bellows just in case. With a 42-39 adapter at the other end, and a 50mm enlarging lens, I have probably the world's cheapest macro set-up !
07-27-2020, 07:19 AM   #18

Glad that worked for you. A few years back someone had installed the genuine adapter wrong side in. The tab size and spacing on the mount is designed so there should only be one orientation that will fit. However you can get around this design by slipping one side or another in first. Normally the base of the lens would prevent you from doing this. The camera and lens mounts pretty much have to be parallel to each other. Perhaps that is why some of the camera manuals instruct you to screw the adapter onto the lens first and then mount the adapter and lens together as if it were a k-mount lens.

Bottom line is if the adapter won't go straight in check to see if it is oriented properly with the red dot.