Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Days Ago   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Komura uni thread sizes?

Hello all, I have a Komura 300mm f5 and the thread mount says MIR it is bigger than m42 can someone please tell me what mm or mount it is or do I start cutting off the threads and mount my own mount. THANKS MUCH for the help Walter

6 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Miranda thread mount? It was a 44mm thread.
6 Days Ago   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by coondog Quote
Hello all, I have a Komura 300mm f5 and the thread mount says MIR it is bigger than m42 can someone please tell me what mm or mount it is or do I start cutting off the threads and mount my own mount. THANKS MUCH for the help Walter
UNI adapters for M42 sometimes come up attached to lenses on eBay and elsewhere. Does the existing adapter say "UNI" or "UNI Auto"? Given the general quality of Komura lenses, it would be a shame to cut one up.

Steve
6 Days Ago   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Miranda thread mount? It was a 44mm thread.
Thanks a bunch 44mm is what I got with my calipers I had not known of a 44mm before GEE 50 years of photography and still learning THANK YOU Walter

6 Days Ago   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

BTW...There is a pdf of a 60s vintage Komura catalog available for download from the Camera Eccentric Web site. Think it may have detailed information on your lens.

https://www.cameraeccentric.com/catalogs?page=15

Steve
6 Days Ago   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
UNI adapters for M42 sometimes come up attached to lenses on eBay and elsewhere. Does the existing adapter say "UNI" or "UNI Auto"? Given the general quality of Komura lenses, it would be a shame to cut one up.

Steve
You are right about about Komura being very nice. I have been looking for a m42 or m39 on a cheep lens but they have been in Japan so the shipping has beem to much. I now know that it is a 44mm maybe I can find an adapter. Thanks for your time. Walter the old coondog
6 Days Ago   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks a bunch 44mm is what I got with my calipers I had not known of a 44mm before GEE 50 years of photography and still learning THANK YOU Walter
Miranda had an inner thread of 44mm for pre-set lenses. Then they added an outer bayonet for the semi-auto and later automatic lenses. Also, they had the second shortest focal flange of any SLR, only Konica used a shorter one, Canon a slightly longer one. So if this lens isn't a T-mount or something similar it would be better to find a different lens.

Edit: Komura would be Unidapter rather than T-mount, good luck on finding an adapter, though they do exist. If it's the Unidapter version of the lens...

Last edited by boriscleto; 6 Days Ago at 05:37 PM.
6 Days Ago   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
BTW...There is a pdf of a 60s vintage Komura catalog available for download from the Camera Eccentric Web site. Think it may have detailed information on your lens.

https://www.cameraeccentric.com/catalogs?page=15

Steve
Thanks Steve, I looked at the Komura site you led me to. OOOOOH thanks a lot I will not sleep to night thinking about all those lenes. I have not been able to use the ones I have yet so I realy do not know how good they are. thanks again

---------- Post added 07-29-20 at 05:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Miranda had an inner thread of 44mm for pre-set lenses. Then they added an outer bayonet for the semi-auto and later automatic lenses. Also, they had the second shortest focal flange of any SLR, only Konica used a shorter one, Canon a slightly longer one. So if this lens isn't a T-mount or something similar it would be better to find a different lens.

Edit: Komura would be Unidapter rather than T-mount, good luck on finding an adapter, though they do exist. If it's the Unidapter version of the lens...
I am going to use it on a canon 6D. There are two black threaded rings befor the silver 44mm one. I hope I can figure out a way to adapt it to EOS. The lens looks like it was first sold last week and I paid $ 40 for it. I have built several bastard lenses all work great so I will keep dreaming of makeing this work I hope Thanks a lot

6 Days Ago   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Steve, I looked at the Komura site you led me to. OOOOOH thanks a lot I will not sleep to night thinking about all those lenes. I have not been able to use the ones I have yet so I realy do not know how good they are. thanks again

---------- Post added 07-29-20 at 05:38 PM ----------

I am going to use it on a canon 6D. There are two black threaded rings befor the silver 44mm one. I hope I can figure out a way to adapt it to EOS. The lens looks like it was first sold last week and I paid $ 40 for it. I have built several bastard lenses all work great so I will keep dreaming of makeing this work I hope Thanks a lot
The focal flange is much shorter than EOS, slightly shorter than FL\FD. EOS is 44mm, R/FL/FD is 42mm, Miranda bayonet/screw is 41.5Mm.
6 Days Ago   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If that's an adapter that you can remove, this might help: RARE Vintage Komura 47mm Screw to M42 Universal Adapter Mount | eBay

No affiliation with this sale.