Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2020, 07:16 AM   #1

Pentax K-3 mounted with 300mm F4 DA* lens and latest 1.5x Pentax converter

Hi there,

I have a Pentax K-3 II camera body mated with a Pentax 300mm F4 DA* lens and a Pentax P/AF1.5x Teleplus MC Converter.

Everything was working fine until today - I haven't used my camera for 6 months and today wanted to photograph some hot air balloons..... I struggled to get the lens to auto-focus whilst connected to the converter. Looking at the info on the back of the camera there's a display that keeps flashing AF/MF alternately. As soon as I remove the converter it goes to AF as set on the lens. (It doesn't seem to recognise the AF part of the converter anymore).

Any ideas as to what's happening ? Do I need to send the converter back as I've only had it less than a year?

Regards

Dave Hill

08-03-2020, 07:42 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
is the lens working without converter? maybe clean contacts at lens, converter and camera. check converter with other lenses if available.
08-03-2020, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Clean the contacts in the lens, converter and camera. That should do it.
08-03-2020, 11:47 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Davejenny Quote
Hi there,

I have a Pentax K-3 II camera body mated with a Pentax 300mm F4 DA* lens and a Pentax P/AF1.5x Teleplus MC Converter.

Everything was working fine until today - I haven't used my camera for 6 months and today wanted to photograph some hot air balloons..... I struggled to get the lens to auto-focus whilst connected to the converter. Looking at the info on the back of the camera there's a display that keeps flashing AF/MF alternately. As soon as I remove the converter it goes to AF as set on the lens. (It doesn't seem to recognise the AF part of the converter anymore).

Any ideas as to what's happening ? Do I need to send the converter back as I've only had it less than a year?

Regards

Dave Hill
+1 for cleaning the contacts.

Also note that your "Pentax P/AF1.5x Teleplus MC Converter" is not actually a Pentax product, it is a third-party product made by Kenko. The actual Pentax teleconverter is the HD Pentax-DA 1.4x AW AF Rear Converter