Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2020, 06:01 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
I thought there was a cited issue with that. Is your firmware up-to-date?
Firmware was up to date when I checked a couple months ago.

---------- Post added 08-06-20 at 01:09 PM ----------

Found some talk of the issue and many attribute it to weak (dying) batteries. I keep GPS on and have had 2 batteries fail lately. So old batteries may have been part of the issues. Can't say for sure since I haven't noticed which battery was in during the issues.

08-10-2020, 10:50 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I may be wrong, but isn't the K3II the only Pentax which has never had a firmware update? I use two SD cards in mine, both set to record the same data and they are identical. I have not had any of the stated issues with mine. I also leave the battery in the camera all the time and change to a fully charged one when down to one bar.

I was wrong about the firmware, it seems that the update only was applicable to cameras in the first year of production, mine came with 1.10 from new.

Last edited by pentasonic49; 08-10-2020 at 11:06 AM.
06-09-2021, 06:17 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I updated to firmware 1.1 yesterday and this morning, this problem occurred.

I reformatted the 2 sd cards and the problem happened again.

I put in another battery and have not seen the problem after several shots.

I put back the original battery and the problem still has not re-occurred.

weird

Gary
06-09-2021, 08:55 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I have the same problem with my K3 classic. I have always suspected that it is a battery problem because it repeatedly happens to one battery. Whenever I use it, it is a 99% chance to happen. It is the Pentax battery that comes with the camera. I have never thought it could be the SD card problem. I will try using one slot at a time with the suspected battery next time when go shoot.

06-09-2021, 09:02 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Have you tried using the SD Association format utility to do an out-of-camera format? Their tool does a deep (overwrite) free from any device or computer OS related quirks. Format using the "overwrite" option and then do an in-camera format. With any luck, that may clear up your problems.

SD Memory Card Formatter - SD Association
Just realized I never said if this got resolved... As far as I can tell, the SD Association format did the trick. But I did replace the card a week later so I can't say with 100% certainty.