Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2020, 05:59 AM   #1

Adapter to use AF lenses on Sony or Fuji mirrorless

Hello all

I have seen plenty of information on using manual focus lenses on mirrorless

I have Sigma AF lenses i use often on trips (17-70mm DC 2.8-4.5 and 170-500mm 5-6.3) and would like to keep the autofocus ability
Now the secondary question is whether to get an APS or full frame sensor..

08-20-2020, 07:31 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know of any adapters that permit autofocus using the af of the lens that work with Pentax lenses on any other system. There are adapters that adjust the distance the lens is at providing a limited and similar to the way the Pentax f 1.7x adapter works.

Some questions about buying sony full frame + adapters + pentax full frame lens - PentaxForums.com
08-20-2020, 09:20 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The obvious answer would be buy a Pentax body if you want to use K-mount lenses
Every system has their advantages and disadvantages, One of the advantages of Pentax is the ability to use Pentax mount glass natively.
If you're buying another brand, there's no way out of losing that advantage.

You no doubt feel the advantages of changing systems is worth more to you than using K-mount, were I you Id factor the cost of new lenses into the cost of the new system. Read the lensrentals.com article on the problems introduced by adapters if you need further convincing.

Call me Captain Obvious.
08-20-2020, 09:24 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are a couple of autofocus adapters for Sony using Sony A/Minolta mount lenses, and even Canon lenses, but none for the K mount that I've heard of. All things I've read on those Sony AF adapters are that they are not very good at autofocus. No experience on my own, just my impression on different reads. I had a Sony a6000 for a couple of years and had a Pentax lens adapter. There was no advantage using autofocus lens on the Sony when I could use them with autofocus on my Pentax camera. I had thought about the Sigma adapter and 150-600 kit, but the adapters were were just too iffy.

08-20-2020, 09:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Wait for somebody to make an AF adapter for Pentax AF lenses?

Those Sigma lenses may be available in the new camera mount.

Changing cameras, get the best you can afford.

Bigger pixels are better imho.

The field of view is drastically different on FF.

My APS-C camera didn't get used after FF purchase.
08-20-2020, 10:58 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rhodopsin Quote
Wait for somebody to make an AF adapter for Pentax AF lenses?
Very unlikely to ever happen.

---------- Post added 08-20-20 at 01:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
There are a couple of autofocus adapters for Sony using Sony A/Minolta mount lenses, and even Canon lenses, but none for the K mount that I've heard of. All things I've read on those Sony AF adapters are that they are not very good at autofocus. No experience on my own, just my impression on different reads. I had a Sony a6000 for a couple of years and had a Pentax lens adapter. There was no advantage using autofocus lens on the Sony when I could use them with autofocus on my Pentax camera. I had thought about the Sigma adapter and 150-600 kit, but the adapters were were just too iffy.
What he said.

No AF adapter will work as well as a native E or FE mount lens.