Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Days Ago   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Pentax K1 Mark II - fires sometimes continuously in single frame mode

I didnt find something about that in the forum so excuse me if this was discussed already.

Sometimes, my K1 II fires continuously although set in single frame mode (no bracketing set). Is this an indication of dirt under the trigger button? I might consider a cleaning through service then.

Thx

2 Days Ago   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Andreas, I did a little digging and found the thread below. I hope this is of help, as it could be your issue. Good luck.

How bad of a thing is mirror flap? - PentaxForums.com
2 Days Ago   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Andreas, I did a little digging and found the thread below. I hope this is of help, as it could be your issue. Good luck.

How bad of a thing is mirror flap? - PentaxForums.com
Thanks, but I guess that's not it. Pictures are taken in my case. Camera behaves like on continuous shooting mode. Therefore my thinking of wonky contacts.
2 Days Ago   #4
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yucafrita Quote
Thanks, but I guess that's not it. Pictures are taken in my case. Camera behaves like on continuous shooting mode. Therefore my thinking of wonky contacts.
Yes, recording an image is very different. Now we know that, the answers you now get will be better.

2 Days Ago   #5
Pentaxian

I had a similar problem on my K-70 ... turned out I was managing to accidently actuate the Drive Mode option on the 4-way controller with my thumb when using the camera hand-held with a long lens! There may be options to disable or change the functionality of this controller on your camera ... worth a try at least
2 Days Ago - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
I had a similar problem on my K-70 ... turned out I was managing to accidently actuate the Drive Mode option on the 4-way controller with my thumb when using the camera hand-held with a long lens! There may be options to disable or change the functionality of this controller on your camera ... worth a try at least
Yeah, I checked that. It's not the case. I think I will have it cleaned. The rear dial sometimes doesn't respond, either.

Edit: I may experience the continuous shutter firing when I am only slightly pressing the button (back button AF). If I press firmly, I don't remember this happening. Could it be that the shutter in general is a bit fidgety?

Last edited by yucafrita; 2 Days Ago at 01:06 AM.
2 Days Ago   #7
Pentaxian

Just to be sure: you're not in any user mode, are you? I have a user mode for birds in flight that includes continuous shooting. If I ever accidentally leave the camera in that mode, I get multiple shots of course.
2 Days Ago   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

maybe you have activated continuous bracketing mode?

2 Days Ago   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Just to be sure: you're not in any user mode, are you? I have a user mode for birds in flight that includes continuous shooting. If I ever accidentally leave the camera in that mode, I get multiple shots of course.
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
maybe you have activated continuous bracketing mode?
No, it was TAv. And it was bracketing off. It happens not very often, so I wonder if my finger might be a bit trigger happy. Combined with a sensible button, this may be the cause. Oh dear.
1 Day Ago - 1 Like   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No, it was TAv. And it was bracketing off. It happens not very often, so I wonder if my finger might be a bit trigger happy. Combined with a sensible button, this may be the cause. Oh dear.
A peek at the makernotes in the EXIF would indicate both bracket and drive mode as would opening the file in the Pentax DCU software.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 1 Day Ago at 11:13 AM. Reason: conciseness
1 Day Ago   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had a similar issue to yours on a few occasions some years back. I can't remember which camera, now... I think it was my K-5 or K-3. I found it happened when I pressed the edge of the shutter button rather than pressing down directly and deliberately on the centre of it. The result was kind of a light rocking motion on the switch, creating occasionally intermittent contact. It took me a little while to consciously retrain my forefinger, but it apparently worked as I've not had the problem since.

Might be worth testing this to see if it's the cause in your case...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 1 Day Ago at 04:29 AM.
1 Day Ago   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I had a similar issue to yours on a few occasions some years back. I can't remember which camera, now... I think it was my K-5 or K-3. I found it happened when I pressed the edge of the shutter button rather than pressing down directly and deliberately on the centre of it. The result was kind of a light rocking motion on the switch, creating occasionally intermittent contact. It took me a little while to consciously retrain my forefinger, but it apparently worked as I've not had the problem since.

Might be worth testing this to see if it's the cause in your case...
Yeah, good point, will have an eye on that. Maybe it's like you described.