Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2020, 06:37 PM   #16
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxis Quote
Sorry, I referred to your name in previous comments as Antonio rather than your correct name, Mario. I must have been thinking too much about the problem :-).
Actually you guessed wrong Antonio is my middle name, ahahah!

The important thing is that you succeeds in one way or another to solve the problem.

Ciao Mario

09-20-2020, 01:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Drilling will be an absolute last resort, the base is plastic only and will be marred very easily, its quite a soft plastic.

Unusual as I have repaired a lot of X series, and yes the XD was probably the last with metal casework, and usually the screws come out easy. JIS drivers are a must though. I have never seen it on a body but I have seen the odd lens that has had a factory applied lacquer applied in the threads to make them grip and they can be hellish sometimes to remove. IPA is ever your friend, a hot hair dryer given a quick blast on it may be sufficient.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
baseplate, camera, efforts, head, heads, heat, model, oxidation, pentax help, photography, plate, pm, post, precision, screw, screwdriver, screws, screws stuck, slr, suggestion, thanks, threads, tool, troubleshooting