Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2020, 01:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shooting in Bulb mode

Hi - There doesn't seem to be a place for K20D questions any more (I still use it for some reason). Unlike my K3, I can't seem to find a setting for when I'm in bulb mode so that I can press the shutter once to open it and a second time to close it. Are there any K20D users who know if that is available on the camera?

Thanks

09-21-2020, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What you are referring to is found in the K-1 as the 'bulb timer' mode. Or with the K20D you could use the Pentax Remote Control F for a one press to open during bulb and one press to close.

Without the remote on the K20D, bulb requires that you depress the shutter release button for the duration of the exposure as is explained in the manual on page 96:
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k20d.pdf

Last edited by Alex645; 09-21-2020 at 01:54 PM.
09-21-2020, 01:56 PM - 2 Likes   #3
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
Are there any K20D users who know if that is available on the camera?
Hi, I have too the glorious K20D, "if I understand correctly" you would like to press the button to make a long exposure at will and then press the button again to close it?

Unfortunately even from the menu this possibility does not exist.

You can only equip yourself with a flush control like the original CS-205, ''or a similar one'' that allows you to snap and lock the shutter with the switch for as long as you want, this is feasible.

Ciao Mario
09-21-2020, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

This may explain the derivation of the term :

Bulb (photography) - Wikipedia

09-22-2020, 10:15 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
OK, I suspected it wasn't there in the menu. It is for the K3, but it looks like I just have to have the remote shutter depressed as long as I want the exposure for - there's no menu option to press once to open and once again to close.

QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Hi, I have too the glorious K20D, "if I understand correctly" you would like to press the button to make a long exposure at will and then press the button again to close it?

Unfortunately even from the menu this possibility does not exist.

You can only equip yourself with a flush control like the original CS-205, ''or a similar one'' that allows you to snap and lock the shutter with the switch for as long as you want, this is feasible.

Ciao Mario
09-22-2020, 10:43 AM   #6
maw
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
OK, I suspected it wasn't there in the menu. It is for the K3, but it looks like I just have to have the remote shutter depressed as long as I want the exposure for - there's no menu option to press once to open and once again to close.
I bought the original CS 205, but it is not essential, you can buy one that has the wire and can lock the button, instead of the wireless ones, which are equally useful but not in this circumstance.
I'll put you links just for clarity, Cable Switch Or on Ebay.