Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
10-02-2020, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
But focus-recompose technique relies on the focus being locked before the recompose takes place. I should know I use it all the time

If you don't lock the focus, you are not focus-recomposing.
I don't work this way, but the best of both worlds might be AF-S release priority with back-button focus. Alternatively, AF-S release priority with close attention to the beep/green hexagon.

Steve

10-03-2020, 02:12 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I found the in-focus-only default setting very annoying when first shooting with the K-7 years ago, so disabled it and haven’t ever turned it back on again. I suppose the default settings have to be default something but the customisation options are really worth exploring.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, camera, focus, pentax help, photography, picture, switch, troubleshooting