Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Days Ago   #1

A doubt about 645N + Cable Switch F

Hello dear Pentax Fans,

I have a question about the combined use of Pentax 645N with Cable Switch F.

Basically: I want to buy this camera + 75mm FA from a not very informed seller, that is very far from me, so I can't test the camera. The camera is in great conditions on the pictures...

I asked for a video about basic use, and the problem is: He sent me a video describing a big problem... the camera doesn't shoot from the Shutter Release on camera... BBBUT,

from the attached Cable Switch F, the camera focus AND shoot.

So my question is: when the Cable Switch F is attached to the body... this automatically disable the shutter release on the body from shooting?? Or with the cable attached, both the "2 release shutter button" should work?

I ask this because I can't convince the seller to send me a video without Cable Switch F!

Thank you very much!

6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just tested this on my 645n.The answer is when the cable F is attached, BOTH the cable F and normal shutter button work, period. Also, the AF works with both as well.

Hope that clears this up.
5 Days Ago   #3

Original Poster
Thank you so much Blackcloudbrew, this clears everything up... It is basically a broken shutter release on my 645N, and I think it is better to abort mission and don't buy it.

Again thank you for saving me from a very impulsive buy... I'll wait for the next one!
4 Days Ago   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rognone Quote
Thank you so much Blackcloudbrew, this clears everything up... It is basically a broken shutter release on my 645N, and I think it is better to abort mission and don't buy it.

Again thank you for saving me from a very impulsive buy... I'll wait for the next one!
I suspect that's a good call. Hope you find a fully working one. I've really enjoyed using mine. Best of luck.