Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-25-2020, 05:23 PM   #1

battery compartment not opening Pentax IQZoom 928

Hello i have just purchased this camera today at the thrift store and the only thing i can't open is the battery compartment, i have no experience with any kind of cameras so my knowledge with this is little to none. thanks for the help in advance

11-25-2020, 05:48 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a link to the manual for that camera.https://www.cameramanuals.org/pentax_p&s/pentax_p&s_iqzoom928.pdf
11-25-2020, 05:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DWS1 Quote
Here's a link to the manual for that camera.https://www.cameramanuals.org/pentax_p&s/pentax_p&s_iqzoom928.pdf
thanks so much !
11-26-2020, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by abnormalbrains Quote
Hello i have just purchased this camera today at the thrift store and the only thing i can't open is the battery compartment, i have no experience with any kind of cameras so my knowledge with this is little to none. thanks for the help in advance
The CR123a battery used in that camera were usually lithium cells. The usual cause is a leaking alkaline battery that is now fused to the plastic battery door. But with a lithium cell, extreme heat can cause them to swell.

I'd suggest masking off the camera from overspray and try to let some WD-40 into the seams and let it sit overnight. Use gloves and eye protection to be safe.

11-26-2020, 05:48 PM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
The CR123a battery used in that camera were usually lithium cells. The usual cause is a leaking alkaline battery that is now fused to the plastic battery door. But with a lithium cell, extreme heat can cause them to swell.

I'd suggest masking off the camera from overspray and try to let some WD-40 into the seams and let it sit overnight. Use gloves and eye protection to be safe.
i managed to get it open with some hydrogen peroxide and q tips and found it was empty inside but i'll keep this in mind in case it happens in the future thank you!