Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-02-2020, 05:22 PM   #1

Rangefinder Help

I know my question following doesn't regard a Pentax, but I was hoping someone could help me. I recently bought a Canon A35 Datelux and everything seems to be working right. The only problem is that whenever I turn on the flash in low light, it doesn't move the meter in anyway resulting in a locked shutter (still underexposed). Is this normal? I don't understand why it would still be locked with with the flash on. Thanks.

12-02-2020, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graceb10101 Quote
I know my question following doesn't regard a Pentax, but I was hoping someone could help me. I recently bought a Canon A35 Datelux and everything seems to be working right. The only problem is that whenever I turn on the flash in low light, it doesn't move the meter in anyway resulting in a locked shutter (still underexposed). Is this normal? I don't understand why it would still be locked with with the flash on. Thanks.

The flash is probably broken
12-03-2020, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #3

Download the user manual:
http://flynngraphics.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/A35-Datelux-Manual-Done.pdf

Manual says when the flash is activated and the pilot lamp is lit then flash photography is possible and the meter needle should move from underexposure to correct exposure range.

If the pilot lamp is not lighting up the flash isn't charging. Try new batteries or else as suggested previously the flash is malfunctioning.
12-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You might also want to check the battery terminals. They may have enough corrosion on them to prevent flash charging even though everything else works OK.

-Eric