Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #1

Benro Tripod dilemma! Please help!

So I recently brought a new Benro A2573FS6 Aluminum Video Tripod. I have registered it and only brought it a month ago. Already there are problems! I took it back to OC Camera as the legs were slipping down even with the legs locked. They tightened the screws to no effect....they are still slipping.

The major problem though is the centre pole will not move up or down. The round plastic collar or bracket that screws down on to the centre pole to stop it going up or down does not go on there anymore....(pics included)

Does anyone know what I could do about this apart from sending the tripod back??

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS Rebel T6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS Rebel T6  Photo 
12-21-2020, 05:40 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd suggest that if the seller can't solve the problems you're having, that it would make sense to ask for a credit to a different product or for a like for like replacement.
12-21-2020, 06:49 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks like you got a dud, I would return it and start over.
12-21-2020, 07:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a Benro C198 Carbon Fiber Tripod that has never given me the problems you mentioned. Benro is a Chinese company that decided to try to make it on their own, after years of manufacturing tripods for a European company, but i forget which one. Therefore, their products were often Clones of the originals with few minor changes and were often sold at a cheaper price. Looking at my Benro C198, there are two large nobs that control the movement of the center pole. One knob controls the vertical movement and the other knob controls the horizontal movement of the center pole. These 2 knobs are situated above the three legs(collar) of the Tripod.

Additionally, there are 2 other "switches" on the sides of the center pole below the collar, but I have not figured what they do, or what is their purpose ? Unfortunately, my Benro Tripod does not have a center-collar lock. The center pole is held in place by the 2 large knobs above the collar by pressure. So far they seem to be doing a fine job.

I do have another Tripod that does use a round center-collar lock that you can twist clock-wise, or counter clock-wise to move the center pole up and down, but there is another switch bellow the collar and to the side of the center column that is used to tighten the center column so that it can't move at all. As far as the legs slipping off, I got to say that this must be a problem with the manufacturing of your Tripod. My Benro has the same twist action locks to adjust the leg-height and several times I managed to actually twist one of the tripod-legs off by twisting the Lock in the wrong direction. However, once they were tightened, I never had any problems with the legs slipping, unless the weight of the camera and lens was way above the Manufacturer's limit.

Try reading this it might help: https://www.lincolnharrison.com/blog-index/tripod-maintenance

Last edited by hjoseph7; 12-21-2020 at 07:52 PM.
12-21-2020, 07:48 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I'd suggest that if the seller can't solve the problems you're having, that it would make sense to ask for a credit to a different product or for a like for like replacement.
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Looks like you got a dud, I would return it and start over.
What they said.
12-22-2020, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Return and replace with a new. Donít risk it with the faulty.
12-22-2020, 06:41 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
MarkJerling....I suggested to them to take off the actual head and just replace that and not the entire tripod....they were not interested.
12-22-2020, 06:44 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
Return and replace with a new. Donít risk it with the faulty.
That's what I am going to do I think as there is two problems not just one.

I appreciate all of your feedback and replies, thank you.